Focus sash cheat?

mika84

Hi there!

I just played against someone online and i've noticed that the player used Focus sash cards, I knocked his pokemon and instead of living his HP to 10 (using Focus sash), the pokemon goes right in is hand and he plays another pokemon with the same tool, or a Sigilyph :mad: !

And he kept doing that until I gave up the match after questioning him about this, but no answer of course.

Is it cheating or just my lack of knowledge?

What kind of info do you want?

It's clear the player uses focus sash, I knock him down and instead of living his HP to 10 (see focus sash card rulles) he jus put his defending pokemon on his hand with all his HP recovered.

What kind of info do you want?

It's clear the player uses focus sash, I knock him down and instead of living his HP to 10 (see focus sash card rulles) he jus put his defending pokemon on his hand with all his HP recovered.

So just to be clear the focus sash is acting like a rescue scarf, but you don't get a prize card?

It's not a cheat. If you read what the card says, it will only leave 10 HP if the attached Pokemon's health was full and the move would have killed it otherwise.

Solutions:

1. Have the tool discarded (i.e. Tool Scrapper, Surprise Megaphone, Garbodor garbotoxin avility, etc.)

2. Heavy hit them anyways. If you do use a KO move, the tool should have been discarded so the person could not use it when all attached cards return to their hand.

If you read what the card says, it will only leave 10 HP if the attached Pokemon's health was full and the move would have killed it otherwise.

That's not the problem he's having. The problem he's having is his opponent is returning a played Pokemon to his hand -- however before we can confirm a cheat/bug we need to rule out any cards (like a Rescue Scarf or Rescue Energy) in play that might enable him to do this. (For example, if a Pokemon has both a Focus Sash and Rescue Energy attached, I'd guess the Focus Sash should activate first because it prevents the KO; if the Rescue Energy activates first, that might be a bug.)

Next time it happens (if it happens), please record all the Pokemon, Tool, Energy, and/or Stadium cards on the board because there isn't enough info right now to figure anything out.

Ok thanks for your replies.

It could have been a Rescue Energy involved, but by thinking of it, its quite tricky,the Focus Sash effect shall aply first before the Rescue Energy! But when I "knocked him out" his pokemon should have been left with 10 HP(Focus Sash), then, after another atack from me, be KO and then go to his hand(Rescue Energy) and insead i got yhe problem I told you.

So the Rescue Energy bypass the effect of the Focus Sash.

what was the opponenet's pokemon? I can imaggine something like a lopunny being able to do what you described

Just a note, none of the Lopunny available on the TCG Online can make use of Focus Sash, since Focus Sash says it must be attached to a Fighting Pokémon in order for it to work. If the game is allowing non-Fighting Pokémon to get that effect, there might be more than one bug here.

I realy don't remember the pokemons he was using, but fighting pokemons for sure, but the problem here is one effect bypassing the other one, and of course no price card, since he kept his pokemon health back in his hand after KO.

I think a correction would be to make a priority for the effect of the tool not the Rescue Energy in this case.

Hey there!

I've forwarded this info to the dev team to check out. Hopefully they can find the source of the issue.

Stay cool!

Archived