AI switches every turn for no reason

Atatakakatta

I was playing the Trainer Challenge on Hard mode, and every trainer I played (Gold and Platinum) was switching every single turn it could, even if there was no reason for it to do so. It even didn't attack me on several turns when it could. I've seen threads on other sites about the same issue.

This is making it very easy to win, but I'd like to play the game, too...

I have been witnessing this too (also have the AI set to Hard). It seems to have started occuring with the latest update.....

It does not matter whether the Active Pokemon is damaged or has full HP. As soon as the AI has allocated enough Energy to fill its retreat cost, it swaps.

This is a major problem for Pokemon with only one attack whose Energy cost is the same (or higher) as its Retreat Cost -- such as Mick's Arcanine (3 Energy to attack or retreat).

Additionally, I've seen strange situations where the AI just seems to . . . stop doing anything during its turn. Not even playing any Item/Supporter cards (which it usually plays immediately).

I see the same. It's like the AI that was used to teach the 'How to Retreat' scenario from the "Two tutorial matches have been added to teach new users the basic gameplay rules of the Pokémon TCG." is running things. Please fix.

I can't wait for this to be fixed. I want to unlock the decks but can't bring myself to play the trainer challenge because with this bug it's trivially easy to win at any difficulty setting.

I see the same. It's like the AI that was used to teach the 'How to Retreat' scenario from the "Two tutorial matches have been added to teach new users the basic gameplay rules of the Pokémon TCG." is running things. Please fix.

If so, that would explain why in some matches I've seen the AI randomly decide to just stop doing anything whatsoever (even playing Trainer cards like Roller Skates / Poke Ball / anything that allows it to draw from its deck, which it is normally very happy to do) until you do something like KO a Pokemon or swap out yourself.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello trainers!

The Dev team is aware of these issues, so I will be closing this thread.

Thanks for your reports and your feedback! :)

Archived