Game cannot connect to the server

devilstrawberry

Every time I open the game, I can log in, but a few seconds after reaching the menu, I get a popup box saying that the game did not get a response from the server. It gives me the option to wait for a response or disconnect immediately.

Hey there!

Please note that there are two ports that must be opened for the game to work: 8181 and 39389.

Please note that your security settings, anti-virus software or Windows Defender could be incorrectly identifying the game as a threat and blocking it from connecting to the internet. You may want to review the documentation for your security software to find the method for adding the game client to the software's "safe programs" list.

If that does not help, I would recommend doing a full uninstall, ensuring that all files and folders are gone and trash emptied before reinstalling.

1. Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.
  2. Go to the directory where the game was installed. The default directory is C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData.
  3. The game stores files in the LocalLow and Roaming folders. Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pok_mon Company International" folder. Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokemon Trading Card Game Online" folder.
  4. Empty your Recycle Bin.

If this does not help, it would be a good idea to run a scan for viruses / malware, and run scandisk.

Archived