Keyboard shortcuts

Ironelf

I don't know if this was already suggested, but introducing keyboard to do various tasks would be a HUGE thing. Even make it customizable so we can bind our own shortcuts for better flow of the game. Many times I press some key on keyboard to remove card preview or confirm something and after pressing the key I feel silly because it doesn't do anything. A lot of people is very much used to using keyboard for some basic tasks, and using mouse to do the rest, so I think introduction of keyboard would benefit a lot of players.

And not just during the game, I really feel like a lot is missing when I can't press 'Esc' or 'Enter' to close the window, 'Space' could be implemented as well, directional keys for navigating through various lists (cards, trades...).

Hi Ironelf,

I'll submit your suggestion to the Dev team for review and leave your thread open for discussion in the meantime.

As always, we appreciate your input!

• 1 month later...
Hi Ironelf,

I'll submit your suggestion to the Dev team for review and leave your thread open for discussion in the meantime.

As always, we appreciate your input!

Is it possible for you to ask any dev to come in and shed some light on the status of this suggestion?

I was about to make a thread suggesting some form of keyboard shortcut system, I was thinking about it earlier today and it could be really useful (perhaps with the ability to enable/disable all keyboard input for those who dislike it?)

Function keys, arrow keys, enter, space, escape, numbers 1 through 0, shift+key or shift+clicking..I can think of uses for all of these things.

I can imagine using my left hand on the keys and right hand on the mouse making this game a lot more streamlined!

I want this so bad I could cry. If any of you have carpal tunnel you would realize how beneficial and almost necessary something like this is. Scrolling through thousands of trades... clicking constantly...

Also would like to know the status of this suggestion as well. I believe I suggested it a year ago and have just recently suggested it again. Hopefully we can be let in on how this one is going.

In matches I could see it being useful when searching through your deck. Say you use computer search and want to grab a double colorless, you can press 'D' and it lines your cards up in alphabetical order and takes you to the first card that starts with 'D'.

• 6 months later...

I wanted to reactivate this thread to ask for this to be added.

Specifically, I'd like keyboard shortcuts so I can chat "Good Game" or "Good luck and have fun," to my opponent.

Now that we have a menu of canned responses, keyboard shortcuts would be sooooo nice for some of the popular ones rather than mousing through a 3 level menu, especially at the end of the game.

Thanks!

I wanted to reactivate this thread to ask for this to be added.

Specifically, I'd like keyboard shortcuts so I can chat "Good Game" or "Good luck and have fun," to my opponent.

Now that we have a menu of canned responses, keyboard shortcuts would be sooooo nice for some of the popular ones rather than mousing through a 3 level menu, especially at the end of the game.

Thanks!

Bumping a thread that has long since been inactive is prohibited, just so you know.

Hey there!

As this thread is quite old and this suggestion was submitted to the Dev team when this thread was created, I'll be closing it. Thanks for your understanding!

Archived