1 pokemon deck good?

jingsaw2859

So I just had an idea of making a deck of lots of energy cards and trainer cards which only has 1 basic legendary/ex pokemon or 2 pokemons, 1 ex and 1 of it's evolutions, so I made one with a Lucario and had 12 battles with it, I won 6, 3 of them rage quit and the other 3 got beaten easily, I lost 3 because internet problems and the other 3 just beat me. I'd love if someone tried this idea and told me what they think about it and if it's good :)

Any half decent deck should be able to handle a single-Pokémon-deck just fine as long as it doesn't get screwed over with card draw. Lucario gets stomped on by Mewtwo EX, which is run by everyone and their dog in the higher ranks.

Well, in theory it could work as long as your opponent is unable to one-shot you. Get something to get rid of weakness and just fill your deck with healing and controlling cards. Lucario seems like a great candidate since it had good HP, and decent attacks for 1, 2, or 3 energies which is pretty much perfect. Seismitoad with item lock would be even better for this type of deck.

Looks good on paper, until you run into Pyroar deck. But then again, you can run Mega Lucario and laugh at their silly little lion...

Most people that use this sort of strategy run Yveltal-EX or Mewtwo-EX with 4 DCE, 4 ether, and some energy acceleration cards like Blacksmith. It's a cool gimmick that might actually work once in a while if your opponent gets unlucky, but I would definitely not use it in a serious match.

I sometimes have a bit of fun with Rotom (plasma) - it's far from serious and I only play it for a laugh.

Strategy:

•1 Mulligan a ton of times to build up opponents hand

•2 opt to go 2nd (first attack)

•3 attach 1 lightning and use colress machine to attach plasma energy

•4 Attack (Rotom does 20x damage for every trainer in the opponents hand)

•5 ???

•6 PROFIT!

It hardly ever works, but you can score some donks (wait for 2 mins game-time total for prizes). You'll often get donked by Fighting types or mewtwo ex if you go 1st however.

It's still fun - and a fast way to have a go at the prize wheel.

Archived