Right-clicking a Discard pile should magnify its top card

Stratadrake

When you right-click on a card pretty much anywhere in the TCGO, you get a magnified image of that card. Except for the Discard pile -- when you click on this (regardless of which button) you get a window showing all cards in the pile (from which you can right-click to inspect individual cards).

There have been many times when my opponent (be it an AI trainer or a fellow player) plays an Item or Supporter card I've never seen before (and/or the game shows as a placeholder image), and it winds up in the Discard pile before I can make sense of what just happened. In situations like this I want to right-click the Discard pile to inspect the top card on it, just like I would for any other card, but nope, that functionality is missing.

So, in short:

- Left-clicking the Discard pile should pop up a window showing all cards in the pile. (Currently it does this for any click.)

- Right-clicking the Discard pile should show you a magnified image of the top card on the pile.

Magnifying top card would certainly be a good feature. Sure, you can use 2 clicks to do the same, but why not add more functionality to the game as Stratadrake suggested?

You do know that doing another right click after right clicking the discard pile will magnify the card, right?

Well, yes, but:

- it takes time to load the discard pile in a window popup ( okay, not much actual time, but it is still noticeable time, mainly due to the extra click)

- you can only view the discard pile when it's your turn (whereas you can right-click a played card anywhere at any time, including during the opponent's turn).

- The discard pile is literally the only place in the TCG where right-clicking a card does not simply magnify it.

Hi Stratadrake,

I'll submit your suggestion to the Dev team for review and leave this thread open for discussion in the meantime.

As always, we appreciate your input!

Archived