Musical glitches and oddities

Stratadrake

I can report two incidents, but I can't confirm if they were one-time fluke occurences or something repeatable yet....

- A few weeks ago I was playing against an AI opponent in the Trainer Challenge. Their Active Pokemon was a Bidoof and it attacked with Bang Heads, which Confused both Pokemon simultaneously. Normally when a Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition the music changes, but in this case the music silenced entirely. Switching/KO'ing Pokemon did not restore the music to normal, but it finally did when I had claimed my fourth Prize Card (when the music changes anyway).

- Today, during a test match against AI trainer Mick, his Arcanine Burned my Heliolisk (Blazing Mane ability) after taking an attack. A few turns later I KO'ed it (Heliolisk had 30 HP remaining at this time), but during Mick's turn he evolved a Larvesta, and between turns, Heliolisk lost the coin flip and took 40 burn damage (Volcarona's Scorching Scales ability) and was KO'ed as a result. At this point the music did not switch from 'special condition music' back to 'normal battle music'. The music did, however change after claiming my fourth Prize Card (as normal).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stratadrake,

Very strange. Please let us know if you are able to reproduce these bugs and have any more information.

Thanks for your report and your patience!

• 3 months later...

I have a new scenario where the music cuts out and goes silent:

XY Inkay with Confusion Wave, an attack that Confuses both Active Pokemon simultaneously.  Today, every single time I used Confusion Wave, the 'special condition' music kicked in for just a second (possibly at double the usual volume?) and then went silent.  In this case, healing the special condition (e.g. via evolution or switch) restored the music.  It also did not occur after four Prize Cards (when the music switches again).

I'd like to add to this with an issue that hasn't been fixed with the recent patch. I have the music muted on PTCGO, but when I log in, the main screen music plays anyway. It re-mutes itself when I go beyond the main screen, but unless I go back to my settings and click "Apply" to mute it there, music plays for about a second whenever I go from one part of the program to another (from Versus Mode to the Shop, for example).

(While I'm here, PLEASE UN-CENSOR THE CONTRACTION OF "DO NOT". IT HAS LITERALLY NO REASON TO BE CENSORED.)

(They're aware of the censoring issue - something about the apostrophe being converted to its HTML entity in this specific word causes it to catch something in the censorlist.)

Hello Trainers!

These are now known issues which the Dev team is working to fix. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

I'll be closing this thread.

Archived