Bring back older theme decks/booster packs in Shop

Jonniel

Hi,

I'm from a country where it's impossible to have my hands on any of the actual (and legit) Pokemon cards and I'm much more of a collector than a battler.

So I have a small suggestion. It there any possibility that the developers bring back the older theme decks and booster packs into the Shop. It may take some time for me to get enough tokens to redeem the decks/packs, but it'll be nice if one day I can have all the theme decks (and/or cards available).

For example, I was saving tokens to redeem Solar Strike or Mind Wipe but with the latest update, the two was replaced by Dark Hammer and Enchanted Echos.

It would be awesome if the developers could bring back the older theme decks/booster packs/cards.

And thanks a lot for reading my idea (and hope)

Sincerely,

Jonnie

I agree. Also, please bring back the genesect/pikachu/eevee/garchomp deck sleeves and deck boxes. I saved all my tokens for the furious fists release, now I'll never be able to get those deck sleeves because you removed them without notice (and they are untradable)

I also agree, especially with the expanded format coming in September more people are going to want cards from the older sets.

I made a thread saying the same, i cant understand why when they add new things to the shop they remove a lot from the old content... its seriously disgusting

I play the tcg online game with several close friends and family members. We were all playing hard and saving up tokens to buy the new decks but we still wanted to buy and be able to play the older ones. We only recently started playing and cannot get the older decks. This was very disappointing to all of us when we found out we could only get the most recent decks. It would be fantastic if all of the older decks would be put back into the store so the players can buy them if they want. Given the choice, most of the players will buy the older decks if they can.

the only way to get the older decks, or packs, is going to retail store to buy the decks or pack, or if someone has the codes somewhere else.

Hi Jonniel,

I'll submit your feedback to the Dev team for review and leave your thread open for discussion in the meantime.

As always, we appreciate your input!

I too will add my voice to the request, especially in regards to older theme decks. I am a new Pokemon TCG Online player, and as such, I prefer playing Theme Decks in PvP and Tournaments because it provides a relatively level playing field. Until I am able to earn more cards and have enough valuable cards on hand to trade for cards I need, I stand no hope of facing the standard player in Standard an Unlimited play with dozens of EXs and the like. Trading itself assumes a familiarity with the game that I do not yet have (knowing what to trade for, etc.), because I am still a new player. For both of these reasons, Theme Decks are just my speed. Additionally, because theme decks are relatively balanced, it doesn't matter whether cards in them are legit in official play for the current Pokemon TCG season.

Secondly, I'm a PokeDad. The reality is the vast majority of the money spent in my household on Pokemon TCG will be spent on the kids. While I just started playing a few months ago, TCG Online looked like it was going to be a great way to gather my own collection virtually by just playing a couple of games a day (sometime literally). Slowly but surely, over the last few months, I've earned enough tokens to start purchasing theme decks. Now that the available theme decks have been pruned back so aggressively in the latest update, I am suddenly seeing the disappointing limits of this strategy. Working for those theme decks was such a great incentivisor for me to stay so active. With that incentive so severely limited, I will have less of a reason to be as active between major expansion releases (four time a year).

Third, if I had know this would happen, I would have spend my tokens more wisely. Of the six theme decks I purchased before the lastest update, four of them were XY decks. The not so rich irony is that if I would have picked up the remaining four of the BW theme decks that I had not already purchased that were most recently available, I would have plenty of time to stay engaged over the next several months and eventually purchase the XY theme decks. Why am I being forced to make such "purchasing" decisions, rather than leisurely be able to pick up the theme decks that look interesting to me.

For example, I was about to pick up "Frost Ray". We have a physical version of "Frost Ray" in the house, which one of the kids used the online code to activate. I was very much looking forward to purchasing my own virtually copy, so I could get some practice playing it against more experienced players. I am not, now, going to run out and purchases a second physical deck (if I can find one), just so I can get it online. I found this surprise very disappointing.

Finally, to not overwhelm new players (or younger players), perhaps there is a way to unlock older theme decks after so much experience is gained.

Removing items from the shop everytime they add more is simply a counterproductive movement and has no sense at all for players, collectors etc.

I agree.

Especially with the Black and White-On Extended Format on the horizon, I find it strange that even the six Plasma theme decks (some of which are very good for theme decks) have been removed when their cards will remain legal in all formats this year.

Promoting the latest real life products is fine, and all the free-to-play rewards that have been added to PTCGO should not be taken for granted however long they remain, but it still seems unnecessary to remove these theme decks and even sleeves so soon. Somehow I don't think that leaving the Eevee sleeves in the shop will discourage people from buying more Froakie theme decks in real life (which I can only assume is the reason to make exclusively XY deck boxes and sleeves available). :)

Marl-of-Kark's idea about unlocking even older theme decks in some way is great, since the older ones from Black and White and all the HGSS ones will be more obscure to many new PTCGO players anyway. This is really a different topic from the one at hand, which is more a matter of removing items still legal for standard play without warning. I wouldn't say adding unlockable HGSS decks is a high priority by any means, but I think at least all the theme decks from the Black and White series should be up for consideration with the introduction of the Extended Format (which, as another recent thread stated, should be a high priority for PTCGO to implement for testing purposes).

Lastly, on the subject of Extended Format: are there plans to reintroduce 5-card token boosters for sets all the way back to the Black and White Base Set? While I will point out that most competitive cards from these sets have been reprinted, if the BW-on format is actually implemented online I think it would make sense to have 5-card boosters available for all the returning (and standard-rotating) sets.

I hope the PTCGO team will give some thought to an opinion expressed by so many users! :) Thanks.

I think sets should be rotated, and also theme decks, but it would be nice to know when.

It feels a little disappointing because I was also getting tokens to get a deck that now is gone.

Rotating is also a nice option if dev team don't want the shop to be too cramped with decks and packs, but the question is how often should the items be shuffled/rotated?

Should it be a different set of items every time you log in? Or should it be a different set of items every day, just like a daily bonus system?

Any ideas?

I agree with this as I was sad to see that so many theme decks and booster packs were gone. It was just fun to still see them. Luckily I was just able to finish buying all the theme decks in shop so I am not missing any that had been there. I was thinking that they would add all ever made theme decks to shop. I would like to own one of each theme deck ever made and if they had them in shop I would buy them.

• 2 weeks later...

Just stopping by to say I would like it if they made retired sleeves obtainable from prize boxes or maybe at a much higher cost than the current style in the shop. After watching Pokémon Worlds on Twitch I really started liking Genesect and now I cannot get his sleeves!

It's not that important but I would seriously enjoy this game much more if we could still buy retired sleeves/decks/packs at a increased cost. Maybe even use Trainer Tokens and Tournament Tickets as the cost.

Just stopping by to say I would like it if they made retired sleeves obtainable from prize boxes or maybe at a much higher cost than the current style in the shop. After watching Pokémon Worlds on Twitch I really started liking Genesect and now I cannot get his sleeves!

It's not that important but I would seriously enjoy this game much more if we could still buy retired sleeves/decks/packs at a increased cost. Maybe even use Trainer Tokens and Tournament Tickets as the cost.

I also need those sleeves! Honestly I can understand there might be reasons why they removed old theme decks, but removing sleeves/deck boxes ....why?

Rotating is also a nice option if dev team don't want the shop to be too cramped with decks and packs, but the question is how often should the items be shuffled/rotated?

Should it be a different set of items every time you log in? Or should it be a different set of items every day, just like a daily bonus system?

Any ideas?

How is the shop cramped for having more than 6 different themes decks or boosters? or even more than ******* 3 different sleeves, i mean , seriously, this is a card game, and is so dissapointing to see how they remove all that content simply for trying to sell new things in real life, anyway the shops in real life usually only have the mewest and few more back , so its not like people are going to stop buying kalos meh starter decks in real life because the TCGO shop has some Genesect or Garchomp sleeves. Like i said , this is a TCG , even if its free to play , and all the content they remove makes this game feel lot less serious than other games, and with all the bugs the game have idk if its good even for them.

Archived