Re-downloading card images

Chroniton

I had to bring this up with the last update and again with this one, each time there's an update the card images have to be re-downloaded, this is a very large issue for me, I still hadn't managed to download all of the card images (just for my own cards) since the last update and now it has to start all over again, I haven't physically been able to play the game because I can't see cards and with my painfully slow internet (thee's absolutely nothing I can do about this, I have the best available to me) it takes forever to download the card images and now I still won't be able to play because they have to download again.

Previous updates I didn't have to re-download them (though opened packs and oppenent's cards did always have to be re-loaded, very annoying), but this time I unfortunately do. Speedtest gives me a download speed of an acceptable 25mbps, and yet the card images are loading at a rate of less than 1 per second. Always hated it when they changed things to this method, but especially now.

EDIT: Ah, I suddenly got disconnected, and when I relogged, everything was loaded at once :) Of course, still doesn't change this contant loading of images is incredibly annoying though: was better way before, when that didn't need to happen.

It's far easier on their servers when people already have images downloaded on their PCs and not having everyone download all images over and over again from the server for every new battle and every time you open a card. I noticed it takes quite a bit of space on my disk, so the traffic would be huge if cards weren't downloaded from their server.

Hello trainers,

Loading card assets will only take a couple of minutes (depending on the strength of your connection) if you open your Collection and scroll through your cards in Tile view, giving each one time to load.

I'll submit your feedback to the Dev team for review though, and this thread will remain open for discussion in the meantime.

I hope this was helpful, and thanks for your input!

Archived