Ability vs pokepowers/bodies, a question for the mods/devteam/b

RoyalDuke

I got in an argument with someone that used latias ex (with the if ability that other pokemon with abilities cant touch it) over wether pokepowers and bodies are abilities or not.

terminology is a weird thing in the trading card game so I wouldn't know anymore.

(with things like: this damage isnt affected by any effects on the defending pokemon apparently meaning that weakness doesnt count as something and such)

So i thought, pokepowers arent abilities, so a pokemon with a pokepower/body would able to blast through latias' ability, just like they are still be usable when garbodor's ability is active.

but latias blocks the damage.

Is it a bug or not?

Poké-Powers/Bodies are completely separate game effects from Abilities. Bright Down does not prevent damage or effects of attacks from Pokémon with Poké-Powers/Bodies. If that's not working properly in the game, then it's a bug and should be reported as such.

Poké-Powers/Bodies are completely separate game effects from Abilities. Bright Down does not prevent damage or effects of attacks from Pokémon with Poké-Powers/Bodies. If that's not working properly in the game, then it's a bug and should be reported as such.

alright thanks for the clarification, in fact they get blocked by bright down so ill report it right away :)

Archived