dice implementatation

zeemar

i have made It clear in one of my previous threads that I really don't like coin flips and I think that the dice should be implemented, so many games can be decided with a single coin flip and I think implement dice, it's still a 50/50 chanace but that's what is used in real tournaments

The dice you see in tournaments are really just substitutes for coins (and damage counters), since they're simply more efficient in a physical sense. However, the representation is the same, so in a program where you're not physically flipping or rolling, there's really no point to replacing the coins.

Hi zeemar,

One of the goals of the Pokémon TCG Online is to remain as close as possible to the real-life TCG. As coins and coin flips are a large part of the real-life game, removing them may not be in the best interest of that goal.

Nevertheless, I'll send your thoughts up to the Dev team for possible consideration and leave your thread open for discussion in the meantime.

As always, we appreciate your input!

Well, all the cards use the coin flip mechanic so there's really no point in playing dice when it says to flip a coin. And coin flip IMO is far more effective when it comes to looks and tension it creates.

Archived