Suggestions for my Furious Fist deck?

XTenshinoYamiX

i came up with this deck, to which i have named ViriziCross(cuz original names seem to be a no no in pokemon lol) and would like to know if anyone has any suggestions. i have tested it repeatedly and it seems very consistent(and it also handles the irritating Siemitoad quite well). thanks in advance ^_^.

Pokemon: 16

4 Virizion EX

3 Heracross EX

2 MHeracross EX

1 Jirachi EX

3 Cherubi(PS)

3 Cherrim(PS)

Energy: 10

10 Grass Energy

Trainers: 34

4 N

3 Skyla

2 Professor Juniper

2 Colress

2 Lysandre

2 Pokemon Center Lady

1 Dowsing Machine

4 Ultra Ball

4 Super Scoop Up

3 Energy Switch

2 Startling Mega Phone

3 Muscle Band

1 Professors Letter

1 Switch

Edit: it just dawned on me that since this is a thread about the IRL card game and this is a place for the, uh, "video game" it may be in the wrong place or in breach of the forum rules altogether. as such i apologize if either of those is the case as i am new to the forums.

First of all i do not think that 6 Basic Grass Energy is enough in this deck.

Virizion EX uses 2 itself so there are just 4 left to accelerate with Virizion EX. Let one be prized or 1 be discarded with Juniper/Ultra Ball... then you are effectivly left with 1 Emeral Slash to accelerate onto Heracross.

Additionally i assume you intend to reset M-Heracross EX health and thatfore his attack dmg by using SSU?

Well the problem here is, that you have to re-attach energy afterwards AND you have to mega-evolve again which all in all costs you at the very least 1 if not 2 or 3 turns of not beeing able to attack with Heracross.

With that many SSUs you could cut 1 Jirachi EX as well since you can reuse it as well, provided you flip heads (saves bench-Space too).

Maybe a healing approach via Center Lady + Potions & Jynx or Dusknoir FF + Max Potions would work better?

Only playtesting will show =)

you have no non ex playing against a sigilyph or suicune would be an automatic loss

also you have too lil energy

you might want to add energies and a super rod also u have too many skylas 4 is far too many

First of all i do not think that 6 Basic Grass Energy is enough in this deck.

Virizion EX uses 2 itself so there are just 4 left to accelerate with Virizion EX. Let one be prized or 1 be discarded with Juniper/Ultra Ball... then you are effectivly left with 1 Emeral Slash to accelerate onto Heracross.

Additionally i assume you intend to reset M-Heracross EX health and thatfore his attack dmg by using SSU?

Well the problem here is, that you have to re-attach energy afterwards AND you have to mega-evolve again which all in all costs you at the very least 1 if not 2 or 3 turns of not beeing able to attack with Heracross.

With that many SSUs you could cut 1 Jirachi EX as well since you can reuse it as well, provided you flip heads (saves bench-Space too).

Maybe a healing approach via Center Lady + Potions & Jynx or Dusknoir FF + Max Potions would work better?

Only playtesting will show =)

yes i have thought i might be better to play 2 more energy, but i couldnt find the room. and through testing ive seen the way it goes in regards to energy is that i only Emerald Slash once. ES to Heracross then play another E from hand to make the 3rd. and then on that turn M Evolve. thats how it has gone about 70% of the time. from that point i play the energy i draw to prepare for other situations(also probably 1/3 games im forced to discard an E with UB or Juniper and it still works out).

SSU was actually not directly intended to reset Heracross. my intended uses are primarily to reset Jirachi or one of my pokemon that has energy and i no longer want it there or dont want to lose it upon its KO(or to just avoid a KO altogether). its other uses i had in mind were for those times when i open just 1 basic thats not entirely ideal like Virizion is.

and yes there have been some times where ive used it to rest Heracross, sometimes Mega and sometimes not. but in most cases like that i already have another Heracross somewhat energized that can finish some stuff without mega evolving. and it works out even better when i can Energy Switch before SSU ^_^.

i have considered cutting one Jirachi but i just stopped seeing it as much and its quite helpful especially cuz a popular strategy against this deck is to bait my fully powered Heracross(who is probably my only threatening pokemon in these situations) and then when i KO their pokemon they send out the focus of all their energy/resources to quickly diffuse any sort of threat my MHeracross has.

back to the point, Jirachi allows me to completely throw this strategy back in their face by grabbing Lysandre from my deck and use it to take out the focus of all their plays. and at this point its very easy for me to just sweep because i can take out any pokemon with just one hit as they struggle to recover(also i generally dont end up playing both jirachi, its just to see it more consistantly and for those rare moments when i do need to play both).

in terms of healing yes my original idea of this deck was to use Reuniclus. i would later QQ when i looked at the 2015 rotation lol. if i could find room im sure a healing addition would be helpful, but i wasnt sure what approach to take there that wouldnt bring many cards with it. im not sure what Jynx you mean, so could you please lay out that concept a bit more? and i dont remember seeing a Dusknoir in FF so ill have to look again.

Sorry about the length haha. Thanks for your help!

PS i apologize if anything i said came off as me discrediting your suggestions, i was merely adding my own thoughts to yours =).

Edit: i thought you meant Dusknoir from Furious Fist, and i suppose you were talking about the one from Flash Fire. thank you that is quite helpful! that brings a total of 9 cards with it though *grumble grumble*

you have no non ex playing against a sigilyph or suicune would be an automatic loss

also you have too lil energy

you might want to add energies and a super rod also u have too many skylas 4 is far too many

i play Virizion from Legendary Treasure for Siglyph or Scuicune.

refer to my other post for lack of energy.

i had considered playing Super Rod but i couldnt find the room and from testing i dont run out of Heracross and that is the only key component that i could actually run out of. other than energy, but again, refer to my other post =).

and Skyla is good in a mega evolution deck because it allows me to play a supporter, gain what i need from it, and then still mega evolve on the same turn, unlike all my other supporters. also i find myself needing it in many different scenarios to grab various cards like SSU. plus i find myself discarding it for things like ultra ball when i have another supporter that is more ideal for that situation, so you cant have too much of a good thing ^_^

PS i apologize if anything i said came off as me discrediting your suggestions, i was merely adding my own thoughts to yours =).

HAHA. Made me laugh ;) Should i have put that after my text too?

Edit: i thought you meant Dusknoir from Furious Fist, and i suppose you were talking about the one from Flash Fire. thank you that is quite helpful! that brings a total of 9 cards with it though *grumble grumble*

Nope i mean the Dusknoir from Flash Fire, but im sure that this is what you mean?

You can gain more space by removing 1 Starteling Megaphone, since you run Dowsing Machine to reuse it in case its really necessary.

If you only use SSUs to use Jirachi again then maybe remove 2?

And you could cut an Energy Switch, but i do not know how often you use them...

Consider putting 1 or more of these in:

1-2 Poke Center Lady to heal 60 from Heracross works well with Jirachi ex, or even Potions

more Energy,

another Muscle Band

or even a Switch?

"I apologize if anything i said came off as me discrediting your suggestions, i was merely adding my own thoughts to yours =) "

:P

HAHA. Made me laugh ;) Should i have put that after my text too?

Nope i mean the Dusknoir from Flash Fire, but im sure that this is what you mean?

You can gain more space by removing 1 Starteling Megaphone, since you run Dowsing Machine to reuse it in case its really necessary.

If you only use SSUs to use Jirachi again then maybe remove 2?

And you could cut an Energy Switch, but i do not know how often you use them...

Consider putting 1 or more of these in:

1-2 Poke Center Lady to heal 60 from Heracross works well with Jirachi ex, or even Potions

more Energy,

another Muscle Band

or even a Switch?

"I apologize if anything i said came off as me discrediting your suggestions, i was merely adding my own thoughts to yours =) "

:P

No, not at all, im the one asking for suggestions so when they are given i cant be anything but pleased ^_^.

Yes that Dusknoir is a very good idea thank you, not quite as good as Reuniclus, but sitll a very acceptable alternative.

SSU is very hand in many more cases than just with Jirachi, especially since im adding Dusknoir, so i would prefer to cut the qauntity of that when its 100% necessary. i would agree that Mphone could be cut if i wasnt adding Dusknoir who is sensitive to Garbotoxin.

i was thinking that since the deck can pretty much get an insta KO on any pokemon i could take out laser and virbank, any ideas what would be a better stadium?

i think i will try to add 2 pokemon center lady to top off the effectiveness of Dusknoir. muscle band is only really in there for the rare occasions where im not gonna be able to mega evolve and still maintain control so i just attack with heracross. i did play 1 switch and 4 energy switch, but then i came across the previously described scenario where i couldnt mega evolve and decided i needed to add msucle band. i do think i want to put the 1 switch back in there though.

Thanks again for your help =)

Edit: changed it a bit, let me know what you think. now imma go test it.

Keep your old list in mind. Maybe the Dusknoir-idea does not work out well at all ...

But if you want a stadium then the new stadium that adds 30 (?) hp to your stage 1 and 2 pokemon might help your Dusknoirs to soak up more DMG

So far you do not run Max Potions which are kinda important to keep your Heracross at high HP.

Additionally i want to remind you that leaving alot DMG on Dusknoir makes it easy for opponents to snipe it (Darkrai, Plasma Kyurem, Genesect EX, ...) and take an easy Prize. Mr Mime would help ;)

Finally 1 Switch might not be enoug since Lysander is very popular. An opponent might catcher up one of your Dusknoirs with a reatreat cost of 3. With just 1 Switch it might be stuck there for a long time.

Finally (just a thing of personal preference) You wont need Dusknoir before turn 3 or 4 i guess, so you might switch 1 Rare Candy for one more Dusclops. This would be slower, sure but more constistent, too. At least thats what i assume. Test it ;)

Happy batteling :D

OH and Jynx is a new card from FuF. It's ability allows you to remove 10 DMG off of your active once a turn. So with 3 of those on your bench you get a free Potion each turn

Keep your old list in mind. Maybe the Dusknoir-idea does not work out well at all ...

But if you want a stadium then the new stadium that adds 30 (?) hp to your stage 1 and 2 pokemon might help your Dusknoirs to soak up more DMG

So far you do not run Max Potions which are kinda important to keep your Heracross at high HP.

Additionally i want to remind you that leaving alot DMG on Dusknoir makes it easy for opponents to snipe it (Darkrai, Plasma Kyurem, Genesect EX, ...) and take an easy Prize. Mr Mime would help ;)

Finally 1 Switch might not be enoug since Lysander is very popular. An opponent might catcher up one of your Dusknoirs with a reatreat cost of 3. With just 1 Switch it might be stuck there for a long time.

Finally (just a thing of personal preference) You wont need Dusknoir before turn 3 or 4 i guess, so you might switch 1 Rare Candy for one more Dusclops. This would be slower, sure but more constistent, too. At least thats what i assume. Test it ;)

Happy batteling :D

yea it seems that dusknoir is not working. he seems to slow the deck down quite a bit and during testing, in many cases, isnt able to consistently remove enough damage.

and yes, ironically, i had a game yesterday against a fire deck where they lysandre my dusknoir and then just sat several turns powering up cuz i couldnt be rid of him(i couldnt kill him with his own effect, i didnt have enough energy or energy switch to retreat, and of course my dowsing machine and switch were already used xD).

as far as max potion goes, i spam 4 of that card in every deck that has an energy swap ability lol, but this deck just doesnt have any means to move or recover larger amounts of energy. therefor it would only be playable on dusknoir, which, unfortunately, doesnt seem to be working.

Artichokecat recommended Cherrim, which i think could be quite useful so im going to edit again and test it. plz tell me what you think =).

Archived