Furious Fist Early Release

Sportsmedic87

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Furious Fist wasn't supposed to release until the 13th, however at my local retail store they are selling packs. I managed to pick up a few.

They started selling them here in town Friday. Already split a box with a friend and went to two pre releases. Got over 60 codes ready to put in here come wednesday.

also went to a pre-release. Was thinking of buying a box next month too. Looks like some good cards in the format, so hopefully will get a few good pulls.

The reason I heard that some stores are already putting out the packs is because of Walmart/Target/etc who do not follow the release date anyway. I think some local stores were complaining that these big stores were putting out the packs too early and taking their customers away by doing that, and Pokemon tried to tell Walmart/Target/etc to wait until the release date, but they don't listen or care. So Pokemon said if customers complain that Walmart/Target/etc has the packs already out, that the local store could put them out as well.

Again, this is just what I've heard around my area.

Guess it makes sense that the date they become valid for standard is now 3 weeks from street date. Otherwise you'd have people gaining an unfair advantage having playables while others can't get their hands on the product.

Lucky for us digital kids, we get to avoid the whole thing.

Archived