Increase Trade Offer Costs, Add Refunds for Successful Trades

drew23555

Let's be honest: probably about 90% of the public trade offers are just people trying to scam others out of cards they don't know the value of. I'm not talking about the guy who's offering 2 Flashfire packs for Raichu, I'm talking about the guy who is offering 1 for Computer Search or Mewtwo EX. Aside from better search and filtering tools, which I've heard are coming, another way to help alleviate this problem would be to make it more costly for these people who chain-post scam offers.

1) Add a cost even to the 8 hour offer (or just eliminate it entirely). There is absolutely nothing lost by posting a scam offer here, other than a very small amount of time, which someone who does this routinely will be so efficient at that they barely even take 20 seconds.

2) Increase the costs of the other offers as well. 1 token for 24 hours is still barely anything.

3) When someone's trade offer is accepted, refund them the entire cost of posting it. Thus, if they're making reasonable trade offers (something that's good for the game), they're not losing anything by doing it. Meanwhile, anyone who's just posting scams might think twice as they have to grind more trainer tokens in order to keep it up.

I know there are a lot of other issues that need to be addressed in the game, but I really hope that something can be done soon about the trade portion, because honestly, anytime I have to look through there I usually just come away disgusted. This idea could go a long way towards helping.

Howdy Drew23555,

Thanks a lot for your input! I have forwarded your suggestion to the development team for review.

2) Increase the costs of the other offers as well. 1 token for 24 hours is still barely anything.

. . . especially when three of the five daily bonuses is 15 free Trainer Tokens, and your first PVP match of a day gives you 10 free Trainer Tokens (in addition to any winnings).

I disagree with this. Some people don't really understand the term "scamming" when it comes to public offers. Considering all offers are up in black and white on the screen, it is impossible to scam via public. A "Computer Search" for a "Mewtwo EX" is not a scam because when you look at the trade, you can judge whether you want to take that trade or not. If someone takes it, it wouldn't be because they got scammed. It would be because they saw the trade and wanted to take it. Someone actually "accidentally" hitting accept twice isn't going to happen.

All this does is penalize people who trade a lot because for me, I put lots of trades up everyday and am already spending token after token putting trades up and down. Not all of them get accepted, some do. When they expire, I put them up again because not everything will be accepted right away, but knowing the economy, people will accept it.

I'd rather not get my cheap entry fee back than be forced to pay a lot more in the hopes that a trade will go through. All this does is discourage the use of the public trading, which everyone should be free to access without stupid strings or high entry costs.

Always know that everyone has their own price ranges, everyone has their own comfort zones. A deal that might seem in poor taste to you might be just fine for someone else. If you don't like it, maybe you shouldn't be using Public Trades and just stick to private ones.

Also remember that even good trades aren't accepted if you can't find the person who'd need or want something at any particular time. Even if the cards are equal value, if no one has card A or necessarily needs card B, then trades wont be taken anyway, and whose fault is that one? Why should anyone be penalized for using public trades?

I honestly decline many trades because I don't need many cards people offer me. Is it their fault for trying or my fault for having most cards already? In public its no different.

Archived