In-client news & announcements ticker

xOnionx

A lot of us first hear about a tournament/maintenence when we load up the launcher, but sometimes this is missed or forgotten. Even with times posted here, a lot of players ask about tourney/maintenence times because they would have to either open up the PTCGo website or relaunch the program. I think a window or a ticker could be added on the main HUB, scrolling through announcements. This could even allow a player to see a tourney time added during their play session instead of missing it because it wasn't yet on the launcher when they first logged on.

News that can be displayed on the ticker could include Maintenence Times, Tourney Times, set release dates, the dates of major pokemon events such as worlds, shop sales, and more.

I think it would be better to put a counter in hours and minutes remaining until the start of the tournament, it is placed in the tournament icon and the menu in "tournament"

Guest ArtichokeCat
I think it would be better to put a counter in hours and minutes remaining until the start of the tournament, it is placed in the tournament icon and the menu in "tournament"

Sounds good!

Good idea.

I noticed the middle tab in the tourment menu is called "scheduled" (between "on going" and "history") (sorry about the translation, mine is in French) but I've neved seen it filled with anything. There is a tournment today and I only know about it because I came to the announcement page of the forum, otherwise, there is no indication on the logon screen or anywhere else.

Thanks

Great suggestions!

A ticker and a countdown timer would be would be sweet. I've passed along the addition of a countdown timer.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

Archived