Prize Wheel Pack Suggestion

TheGolfCoast

Hi PTCGO Team!

I have a small suggestion for the use of the prize wheel to increase availability of rare cards.

There are currently three EX Pokemon with high demand and no cheaply available promo version: Landorus-EX, Genesect-EX, and Virizion-EX. As the recent debate among players has shown, placing cards themselves on the prize wheel instantly lowers their value to almost nothing due to the ease with which they can be obtained through public trading (offer 1 or 2 packs for a wheel prize and it's yours).

Instead, I suggest that one of the mystery gift boxes give out exclusively booster packs of Plasma Blast and Boundaries Crossed for one week. This would give everyone a chance to pull these three powerful EX Pokemon which are otherwise worth over 10 packs each in trades due to scarcity and demand. Even if players would prefer other packs to open, PB and BC carry more weight in trading than most other packs anyway, since everyone wants to open these three EXes.

This would help increase the number of Landos, Genesects, and Virizions in circulation without greatly lowering the market value for those who already have them.

I realize that many players probably enjoy the chance of pulling a booster pack from a wider selection; but if the PTCGO team has plans to systematically lower key card values, I would like to restate that there are only three Pokemon whose price puts them the farthest out of many players' reach: Landorus-EX, Genesect-EX, and Virizion-EX. The fourth expensive card needed for competitive play is the stadium card Tropical Beach, but since it cannot be pulled from a booster pack, I have no similar suggestion for increasing its supply without greatly lowering its value. That is another subject.

I'd also like to hear opinions from other players.

Thanks!

Actually, Tropical Beach is good for those decks that really need to set up early-game; this typically defines Stage 2-centric decks, like Empoleon/Dusknoir.

As for its worth, it was only distributed to the participants of the 2011 and 2012 Pokémon TCG World Championships, where the best of the best are invited from Nationals across the globe. Few people get to actually participate in Worlds, so even at 4 per participant, not very many Beaches were given out. Beach's sheer rarity, combined with its usefulness in slow decks, caused its value to spike.

Due to the fact it's usefulness and being a promo and its rarity/importance in competive deck and soon roation out I think it would be perfect for the wheel.

Howdy TheGolfCoast,

Your suggestion has been passed along to the development team for review.

Thanks a lot!

Read my thread

Archived