problem with uninstalling.

the_sqveel

it's been a long loooong time since i've played ptgco. I wanted to play it again the other day but encountered a problem.

I downloaded the new installer, and tried to use it, but it told me i had to uninstall my current version.

so i went to my controll panel to add/remove programmed and tried to uninstall it but everytime i get this error and it fails the uninstall-

[********************************or-gyeLlFDD.1407413835.png[/url]

I can't play without getting rid of this old version, any ideas on how i can go about that if uninstall doesn't work?

*edit* hmm tried to post a link to the screenshot of the error, but it doesn't seem to work and i can't find how to put a picture up. The error says

"Could not access network location

property. USER_PROFILE"

It sounds like you may have run into the following Windows error:

''Error 1606. Could Not Access Network Location''

The solution is simple to find via your preferred search engine. However, the fix involves editing your registry. Because Microsoft advises that you use the editor at your own risk, I can't provide you with any further assistance regarding this particular fix.

WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

Archived