Please fix damage swap and sinister hand.

SharKing319

I know there have been requests for this before, but the fact that they have clearly not been addressed astonishes me. The problem with these two Abilities - Reuniclus's Damage Swap and Dusknoir's Sinister Hand - is that they are far too labor-intensive and user-hostile. Here's a simple rundown of how the process works for both of these Abilities:

Click Reuniclus/Dusknoir.

Click Damage Swap/Sinister Hand.

Click the Pokémon with the damage counter you want to move (assuming there's at least two damaged Pokémon in play).

Click the Pokémon you want to move the damage counter to.

Click the OK button at the top-right of the screen.

So that's a total of five clicks to move one little damage counter. Just one. It gets worse when you realize that when someone wants to use either Ability, they most likely want to move more than one damage counter on that turn, magnifying the problem to an alarming magnitude. Let's say you want to move 50 damage from Pokémon A to Pokémon B. That takes a total of 25 clicks just to move 5 damage counters. This causes games involving either of these Pokémon to move at an agonizingly slow pace that sucks the fun out of the game.

A lesson could be taken from the Pokémon Trading Card Game for Game Boy Color, which handles Alakazam's Damage Swap (which is the same as that of Reuniclus) much better. In addition to a scant few clicks of the A button to enter and exit "Damage Swap mode", the movement of a damage counter takes only two clicks, literally less than half of what we see in TCG Online.

From this, I can see that the big problem with Online's process is the need to re-select the Ability over and over again for each damage counter. This is just an example, mind you, but I hope that something can be taken from this and incorporated into Online. We, the players of the game, have been waiting a long time for this problem to be fixed.

The best option i think would be: Click the pokemon , click the ability , and then you can move counters any way you like by clicking the pokemon with a counter and then the pokemon who now have the counter , this until you finish your damage movements by clicking in ok or a pokemon is k.o.

The same needs to apply for Meowstic's "Ear Influence" attack...or what some have dubbed "The most stressful attack in the online game" since clicking OK too soon (before selecting a pokemon) will end your turn. Here is a breakdown of this nerve-wrecking attack:

1. Click that you are doing the Ear Influence attack for Meowstic

2. Click on a Pokemon that you want to move a single damage counter from

3. Click OK to confirm

4. Click on a pokemon to move that damage to

5. DO NOT CLICK OK OR YOUR TURN ENDS

6. Repeat steps 2-5.

I would like to see, as with Reuniclus and Dusknoir, is what others have been saying that you enter a sort of "Damage Movement Mode". Once in this mode, all the opposing player's (or your) pokemon are shown on the screen and you simply click on the pokemon to take damage from, then click on the pokemon to move damage to. You repeat this until you are satisfied, and then click OK to either end your attack (Ear Influence) or get out of your ability (Sinister Hand/Damage Swap). I think this will significantly speed up the movement process and relieve a lot of stress from Ear Influence.

From the patch notes for next week's game update:

Improvements have been made to the interface for Abilities that can be used multiple times in the same turn, such as Sinister Hand and Deluge.

These improvements also impact the effects of Meowstic's Ear Influence attack and Shaymin's Celebration Wind Poké-Power.

Based on my experience with the internal test builds, I think you guys will be SUPER happy with the improvements. :)

Well, that sounds good. I can't wait to see what this update brings. (Certainly can't wait for Furious Fists!)

I only needed to read the thread title and I know I already agree with everything everyone of you has said.

"I want to move X counters from This to This" done.

But with that said whoever is programming this thing needs a nod, cause I've only been back for about a month now and the program hasn't crashed on me. That's astonishing! Keep up the great work :)

Just thought I'd bring this up for the recent update:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR FINALLY FIXING THE DAMAGE-MOVEMENT INTERFACE!

I just tried Sinister Hand in a Play Testing match, and it's so much easier to move damage counters around now! I cannot thank you enough for making this happen!

From the patch notes for next week's game update:

These improvements also impact the effects of Meowstic's Ear Influence attack and Shaymin's Celebration Wind Poké-Power.

Based on my experience with the internal test builds, I think you guys will be SUPER happy with the improvements. :)

When it said that Deluge was improved I thought that Inferno Fandango would be too. Was it not, or am I just doing something wrong? Because I haven't noticed a difference in it's use since the update.

Archived