PTCGO: Reference Guide and Updated List of Unobtainables

matthew69

Introduction:

Hello Pokemon fans and traders! This thread is a little different to many of the other threads here as it isn't a Trading thread per se, I'm not looking to organize trades here or discuss all the card prices (this isn't a simple price guide). Instead I'm hoping to make this page a useful reference guide for traders and collectors who are looking to obtain certain cards :)

As you probably already know there are several cards (and other items) programmed into the game that aren't currently obtainable as far as we know. With the recent introduction of the new Trading Wheel upon completing a PVP Ranked game, some of these have become obtainable, but many are still temporarily unavailable.

This thread is hopefully going to be able to inform the community about the introduction of any new items to avoid confusion, and also prevent anyone from getting ripped off via public or private trades for newly released cards (and simply save many traders who spend a long time each day offering trades for stuff that is simply impossible to get ahold of).

I monitor public trades often as part of my role in the Top Cut Trading Inc. to try and keep our prices as fair and up to date as possible, and this enables me to keep things up-to-date and inform you about any changes in availability of certain items ASAP. Having said that I will need your help in keeping things up to date, and as this thread is to serve the whole community I would be grateful of any feedback about what other useful sections you would like to see in this thread!

Whilst I promote discussion and involvement within the community, please try to avoid derailing the thread and having any arguments, after all it is just a game and the last thing I want is people falling out over such trivial things as a difference in opinion.

Current List Of Unobtainables:

Cards:

HeartGold & SoulSilver:

>Feraligatr 20/123, 2nd Art*Expected Origin: From Mind Flood Theme Deck which is

unavailable online

>Meganium 26/123, 2nd Art*Expected Origin: From Growth Clash Theme Deck which is unavailable online

>Typhlosion 32/123, 2nd Art *Expected Origin: From Ember Spark Theme Deck which is unavailable online

HS-Unleashed:

Steelix 24/95, 1st Art*Expected Origin: From Steel Sentinel Theme Deck which is unavailable online

Tyranitar 26/95, 1st Art *Expected Origin: From Chaos Control Theme Deck which is unavailable online

Call of Legends:

>Lucario 14/95, 2nd Art *Expected Origin: From Retort Theme Deck which is unavailable online

>Tangrowth 34/95, 1st Art*Expected Origin: From from Recon Theme Deck which is unavailable online

Promo:

HGSS:

HGSS3 Pikachu

HGSS4 Wobbuffet

HGSS5 Hoothoot

HGSS6 Noctowl

HGSS14 Lapras

HGSS15 Shuckle

HGSS18 Tropical Tidal Wave

HGSS19 Raikou

HGSS20 Entei

HGSS21 Suicune

HGSS22 Porygon

HGSS23 Porygon2

BW:

BW10 Axew

XY:

Machamp XY13

Energy:

(This was difficult to arrange in an appropriate order due to them all being Basic Energies with little or no artistic differences to others of the same energy type , however for the sake of this I have classified them in the "Set" order as they will appear when filtered within your collection of both owned and unowned energy, with first art being the first time that the particular type of energy appears in "Set" order, and second art being the second time etc.)

Dark (1st Art)

Fighting(1st Art)

Fire (1st Art)

Grass (1st Art)

Lightning (1st Art)

Metal (1st Art)

Psychic (1st Art)

Water (1st Art)

Fire (3rd Art, {2nd being HS Energy})

Lightning (3rd Art, {2nd being HS Energy})

Coins:

Here is the lists of the names of every single Coin (both obtainable and unobtainable) currently shown within the game, I have also added a few minor notes and personal observations for some of these items within the brackets next to their names.

OBTAINABLE:

Black Kyurem Blue Diamond Coin

Blue (Unova Starter Coin)

Blue Metal Totodile Coin

Chespin Coin

Copper Mewtwo Gliscor Coin

Copper Reshiram & Zekrom Coin

Deoxys Silver Double Rainbow Coin

Deoxys Silver Rainbow Coin

Diamond Green Rayquaza Coin

Fennekin Coin

Froakie Coin

Gold Cyndaquil Coin

Gold Infernape & Gallade Coin

Gold Palkia Coin

Gold Reshiram & Zekrom Coin

Green (Unova Starter Coin)

Kalos Starter Coin

Light Blue Accelgor & Escavalier Coin

Mega Charizard Rainbow Black Coin

Mega Charizard Silver Cloud Coin

Pink Munna Coin

Purple Genesect Coin

Rainbow Green Rayquaza Coin

Red (Unova Starter Coin)

Red Arceus Coin

Red Sparkle Victini Coin

Red Zoroark Coin

Reshiram & Zekrom Coin (Silver in colour)

Silver Accelgor & Escavalier Coin

Silver Chikorita Coin

Silver Dialga Coin

Silver Diamond Blue Xerneas Coin

Silver Diamond Dialga Coin (#2 of 2?- second is obtainable)

Silver Diamond Palkia Coin

Silver Diamond Red Yveltal Coin

Silver Energy Coin?

Silver Infernape & Gallade Coin

Silver Ovals Genesect Coin

Silver Reshiram and Zekrom Coin

Silver Zoroark Coin

Team Plasma Blue Rainbow Coin

Team Plasma Silver Rainbow Coin

White Kyurem Red Diamond Coin

World Championship 2013 Coin

Zekrom & Reshiram Coin (Silver in Colour)

UNOBTAINABLE:

Blue Diamond Pearl Coin

Blue Energy Coin

Blue Energy Coin (#2?- appears more Purple)

Blue Metal Cranidos Coin

Copper Cranidos Coin

Gold Arceus Coin (appears more Silver)

Gold Arceus Coin (#2?)

Gold Diamond Pearl Coin

Gold Energy Coin

Gold Pikachu Coin (Missing Picture)

Gold Shieldon Coin

Green Diamond Pearl Coin

Green Energy Coin

Green Rayquaza Coin

Green Shaymin Coin

Light Blue Dialga Coin

Platinum Shaymin Coin

Red Diamond Pearl Coin

Red Energy Coin (Missing Picture)

Silver Arceus Coin

Silver Diamond Dialga Coin (#1 of 2?- second is obtainable)

Silver Diamond Pearl Coin

Silver Glitter Dialga Coin

Silver Glitter Palkia Coin

Silver Mewtwo & Glisclor Coin

Silver Munchlax Coin (Missing Picture)

Silver Pikachu Coin (Missing Picture)

Silver Shieldon Coin

Silver Sparkle Palkia Coin

This thread is still undergoing some edits (with avatar items and gameplay stuff still to be added) but feel free to post now!

is this updated?

btw,my feraligator 20/123 is locked,idk why.....it was so long ago that i cant rmb what was the situation....have a 34/95 tangrowth too...can u give example of what is 2nd art,first art?cos in my memory,these cards i have had the same art since the webby days?

is this updated?

btw,my feraligator 20/123 is locked,idk why.....it was so long ago that i cant rmb what was the situation....have a 34/95 tangrowth too...can u give example of what is 2nd art,first art?cos in my memory,these cards i have had the same art since the webby days?

The Feraligatr 20/123 came out in an online theme deck (which I believe was called Basic Blue) as it was a free deck given for completing it in the Trainer Challenge the cards were locked, which is most likely why you have a locked copy of the card. The reason why it has the ambiguous title of "2nd art" is that when viewed in your collection (of both owned and unowned cards) there are three Feraligatr HS 20/123 cards, one plain with no holographic effect (it is the first one to the left so would be considered first art), one with a holographic feature on the picture only (this is the unobtainable 2nd art which is believed to come from the theme deck I named next to it on the above list) and the third one is the reverse holo print (which would be considered the third "art").

The same goes for the Tangrowth 34/95 which has three different listed "arts" but only two of which are actually obtainable in the game at the current point of time.

What about these cards below?

Darkness Energy 1/9, Foil League card without a Set

Poochyena 16/39, Foil League card from X&Y - Kalos Starter Set

Mightyena 17/39, Foil League card from X&Y - Kalos Starter Set

Pokemon Catcher 36/39, Foil League card from X&Y - Kalos Starter Set

XY13 Machamp

Also, how do you obtain the rest of the 3rd Art Energies? (cards below)

Darkness Energy (3rd Art, {2nd being HS Energy})

Fighting Energy (3rd Art, {2nd being HS Energy})

Grass Energy (3rd Art, {2nd being HS Energy})

Metal Energy (3rd Art, {2nd being HS Energy})

Psychic Energy (3rd Art, {2nd being HS Energy})

Water Energy (3rd Art, {2nd being HS Energy})

What about these cards below?

Darkness Energy 1/9, Foil League card without a Set

Poochyena 16/39, Foil League card from X&Y - Kalos Starter Set

Mightyena 17/39, Foil League card from X&Y - Kalos Starter Set

Pokemon Catcher 36/39, Foil League card from X&Y - Kalos Starter Set

XY13 Machamp

Also, how do you obtain the rest of the 3rd Art Energies? (cards below)

Darkness Energy (3rd Art, {2nd being HS Energy})

Fighting Energy (3rd Art, {2nd being HS Energy})

Grass Energy (3rd Art, {2nd being HS Energy})

Metal Energy (3rd Art, {2nd being HS Energy})

Psychic Energy (3rd Art, {2nd being HS Energy})

Water Energy (3rd Art, {2nd being HS Energy})

You are indeed correct that those cards aren't currently unobtainable, and I will add them to the list in their own section I think. The only reason I didn't add them before is because they weren't expected to be already released anyway, as the League cards will be will be available in the next release of the League Promos (during the next league season irl) which I believe is fairly soon, though I can't remember the exact date, or if the codes are currently redeemable now (if league leaders have already received them). The Machamp I am sure will be released at some point very soon after the release of the next set (maybe as a tournament prize, or obtainable via the Wheel etc.).

As for the those energies, I'm not entirely sure as to their origin at the moment (though I was informed it was from the BLW-theme decks, though as I have previously redeemed those decks this seems unlikely) as I only have one copy of each at the moment which I have obtained through public trades, I will see if I can find out any more information on these though.

Archived