Shaymin-Cofagrigus BCR-on

Guest ArtichokeCat

Guest ArtichokeCat

Shaymin EX was reprinted in a LTR for a reason: to DESTROY Seismetoad EX! :)

So why not base a deck around it?

It's been a while since the last Shaymin-Cofagrigus deck.

It's time for an update!

Skeleton list:

Pokemon: 12

3 Shaymin EX LT

4-4 Cofagrigus (Six Feet Under)

1 Virizion EX

Trainer: 32

4 N, 4 Professor Sycamore/Juniper, 2 Bicycle,

2 Skyla, 2 Lysandre

4 Ultra Ball, 2 Team Plasma Ball

1 Life Dew/ Computer Search ACE SPEC

2 Startling Megaphone, 1 Professor's Letter, 2 Switch

4 Hypnotoxic Laser, 2 Virbank City Gym

Energy: 10

10 Grass Energy

6 Open Spots.

Options:

Damage Boosting: Iris, Muscle Band

Consisitency: More Draw Supporters

Techs: Mr. Mime PF, Tropius PB etc.

I'm trying to get the cards to build this deck to try out for myself so I don't really know how well this Skeleton works. :)

I just looked at various lists and squished them all into one, using my own opinion as to what's key. :P

Feel free to leave suggestions in the comments!

PS:

I saw a lot of people complaining about how Shaymin EX can't hit the "Magic Numbers"

Could Muscle Band help to reach those "Magic Numbers?"

An interesting idea, but I feel that it's way too frail to really work. Shaymin-EX is very fragile (110 HP) and coughs up two prizes; this, combined with Six Feet Under, makes it hard for you to get multiple attacks off before your opponent claims all their Prizes.

If you're running this deck, I think you absolutely need field control to stand a chance, since it's necessary to try and make your few attacks count. I'd suggest running at least two Lysandre and maybe even some Pokémon Catchers.

Guest ArtichokeCat
An interesting idea, but I feel that it's way too frail to really work. Shaymin-EX is very fragile (110 HP) and coughs up two prizes; this, combined with Six Feet Under, makes it hard for you to get multiple attacks off before your opponent claims all their Prizes.

I know. Which is probably why the last time this deck was popular was October of 2013. :P

Guest ArtichokeCat

If you're running this deck, I think you absolutely need field control to stand a chance, since it's necessary to try and make your few attacks count. I'd suggest running at least two Lysandre and maybe even some Pokémon Catchers.

Yeah, the few lists I saw all ran 4 Pokemon Catcher and some Enhanced Hammer. :)

So I would go ultra troll and add

+ 2 Pokemon Catcher

+ 4 Crushing Hammer. :P

I do want to know how well Muscle Band would work in this deck, though.

shaymin doesn't really solve the pyroar issue still though and I don't think lasers and cofagrigus would make a sufficient backup plan

Guest ArtichokeCat
shaymin doesn't really solve the pyroar issue still though and I don't think lasers and cofagrigus would make a sufficient backup plan

*shrug* It's just a fun deck. :P

Yup you woudnt believe how exhausting it is to take one down.

From experince i actually play atleast a 3-3 pyroar deck with my Shaymin/Cofa deck.

My opponent goes first gets two litleos benched straight away, and evolves both of them next turn so i had no chance of damaging them.

i run sableye and life dew

and i was lucky even though he got the blacksmith, the pyroar remained benched for abit.

i was able to ko one pyroar and gave away just two prize because he decided to ko my Genesect EX with lysandre. He did lose excess energy too(some progress :)),

i partially damage his second pyroar and he gets a 3rd one out(Yay!). And he took out my sableye.

After that i would N him to two cards but i couldnt reach my second sableye since N wasnt the best in shuffling into the cards. (Also if i did get my Mew ex sometime in the game it wouldnt have been one shotted and been a better stall even if it was temporary because after i stopped junk hunting i lost my momentum).

In the end i had like two shaymin just acclerating each other ready to be knocked out. lol

I don't think you'll need any muscle band since Shaymin-EX already hits the vital numbers with LaserBank. As stated above, you absolutely need 4 catcher in here, alongside your 2 Lysandre. Shaymin's a cheap attacker but due to the restrictions on the damage, you're not going to hit decent damage until turn 3 at best. With a slow deck like this, you can come up with a Shaymin and take the KO, but due to your low hp, you're in danger of just trading prizes each turn. Catcher/Lysandre can help by pulling up any potential threat as it's being powered up.

i would add gyarados with howling rampage to help take out fire, and the lucario idea would be cool too. The Shaymin is the unfortunate downside giving 2 prizes at 110 hp and is best played opening a match with Synthesis, or to be thrown out mid/late game with an energy attached ready to revenge on the next turn. I had fun running Floette which gave my shaymin xtra hp, but this was hard to get going.

Archived