CHEREN FA and CoL energies on wheel spin!!

blast0203

The invention of these 2 cards create big impacts to the community since many peoples were ******, this thread is mainly for us to discuss shall the wheel spin continue to give out those high end cards? YES?NO? don be shy, we need to voice out ;)

I found this 2 opinion very useful

CYMANTEX:When a card is put on the wheel it's pretty much made worthless. The amount of each card that's given out is not to underestimate. Even if it actually becomes rare again after many years of waiting that's a perfect reason to put it on the wheel again!

Giving away ultra-rare accessible cards just laughs at the effort of all the people which have spent a lot of time and resources to acquire these cards, or had the fortune to pull them. While now you have to fear about trading for anything of value, it could be the next wheel prize! If they can hit FA Cheren they can hit anything!

This method they are using is not fair to the community.

Trying to lower the value of super-expensive cards I agree with. However turning them immediately from expensive to worthless is just over the top.

Reazh: the worst and amusing decision ever from the MODERATOR. If you intend to add FA and sr from wheel, there will be no such thing as super rare cards anymore since things will be likely appear in wheel soon or later. I don understand the problem with raising super rare cards price at all, if you want to be fancy, please pay or keep urself apart from them. Its so unfair for loyalty player like us, we have been with the game for quite long, spending time to get or buy packs, pull the precious and making a better status or collection to impress, ended up what we got? A slap on the face for wasting all your effort to the game.I do agree coL energy is expensive due to rarity, why don they just reprint new holo energy in future set and the problem will be solve. XY packs always gives energy and we can see how terrible the packs is. Why don they just make the energy holo instead? Adding a non promo card into wheel will definitely make the game lesser and lesser old players to play. If you want to feed the new player, can you pls add CoL or other old packs into the game and they can experience what we did long ago. Then they will have a good collection through the same way as us. For skyrocketing price, the moderator shud also be responsible for such consequence becuz they give ONLY 1 specific variation of packs as the prizes. Look back to the game, the tourney yesterday consisting of 7 RANDOM packs doesnt really affects the pricing in the community rite? Last, you can always add non FA ex into the wheel or promo to make things better, the player of this game are mainly kids and teens, such WHEEL GIVING session will mislead my kids to always go for fancy stuff in everything they face. Pls think deeply because i don want my kids to be greedy and educated in a wrong way, thank you. I want them to learn to appreciate and you doest need to be fancy to be on top of the world.

Sorry 2ance, i have no offence on your statement, some cards are expensive with the reason behind. I do agree if moderator added some reg ex or rare in since we have no alternative unlike sr and FA which often comes with cheaper version. I already lose out a lot paying in promo darkrai and giratina(Since they are gem items last time) and we had enough patient to swallow the lost. I just want a better treat to players from other parts of the world, we already lose out on gems, and majority tourney due to timezone, if the moderator want us to spend over and over again(since all our OLD Collection have no value) to exchange for cards in latest set, I don think I will have enough resources. Pls keep in mind where some country is really hard to find pokemon packs and thus FA and sr is our preparation for any future set.

It's a tough one.

For the people who have been trading and collecting it's a bad thing having all these rare cards ending up on the wheel, while on the other hand for people newer to the game it helps grow their collection with some interesting, rare cards early on.

As a trader and collector myself I can understand some people will be ******* that some of their valuable cards are turning worthless overnight. But I'm also a player who's started playing only fairly recently (compared to the veterans at least), so I did miss out on many of the old cards, and thanks to the wheel I'm finally able to get some without having to spend 100's of packs.

I wonder if they broadened the prize range things would go better. Like, instead of having 5 possible cards drop from the wheel, say there's a chance to receive any random EX card during that week. Or any random prime. Or any random promo. That would still increase the supply of these cards, thus lowering prices. But there won't be any specific cards that people will be able to farm multiples of easily over the course of a week, preventing a total crash.

But like I said, it's a tough one. Put on too much good stuff, and traders/collectors will complain. Put on too little on there, and people will complain the wheel is a waste of time.

In my opinion, having a broader, more random prize range would make the wheel more interesting.

I think it's a nice thing they are doing. There are some people who can't obtain such rare cards or can't get them, some players that are new and don't have much. It's a nice thing in my opinion that they are giving out more rare and good cards on the wheel, to make this game more fairer. It's aslo good because it will stop those players that have huge collections on the game that like to brag how ("rich") they are and act as though they are on top of the world while others don't have much. I personally have a pretty big collection, but am i angry about this ? NO! Because i like this game to be more equal all around and i'd like there to be a smaller discrimination between the people with huge collections and the people with less, because it makes the game better and more fair. The only people that are angry about this sort of thing are the people that have huge collections and want to be on top of the world in this game [Content removed - please keep all discussion polite and constructive. -Prof. Poplar] END RANT!

I wish they would just release promo unlimited cards like classic professor oak, classic cleffa, or classic lass. I dont mind the reprint of the energy, but the full art really really bothers me. I know its just a Cheren, but what if they reprint N or juniper or skyla that'd upset alot of people. If that happened I might just completely stop going for vanity and play a bit less. Like its bad enough there is no ladder or ranking system in the game, so I kinda forced myself into making collecting fun ;x. I hope one day they make a ladder and people would care less about this kind of thing maybe but for now, the cheren was not a good decision imo.

The reason the energy being reprinted is fine to me is cause that card is just an energy card and its super weirdly rare. Like anything standard legal should never be reprinted (even though they already broke the rule with foil dark patches and hypnotoxics). Just make cards unavailable to the game promos to promote unlimited or if you want to promote standard just be careful on what you reprint, I think cheren is fine. Anything that goes for 2-3packs or so is fine.

[Content removed - please keep all discussion polite and constructive. -Prof. Polpar]

I guess maybe the team thinks that doing this will increase their player count, but I'm not sure if they completely thought it through

I think it's a nice thing they are doing. There are some people who can't obtain such rare cards or can't get them, some players that are new and don't have much. It's a nice thing in my opinion that they are giving out more rare and good cards on the wheel, to make this game more fairer. It's aslo good because it will stop those players that have huge collections on the game that like to brag how ("rich") they are and act as though they are on top of the world while others don't have much. I personally have a pretty big collection, but am i angry about this ? NO! Because i like this game to be more equal all around and i'd like there to be a smaller discrimination between the people with huge collections and the people with less, because it makes the game better and more fair. The only people that are angry about this sort of thing are the people that have huge collections and want to be on top of the world in this game [REMOVED] END RANT!

[Content removed - please keep all discussion polite and constructive. -Prof. Poplar]

there are plenty of player that worked really hard to obtain high end cards and now all their effort will be in vain.

besides you argument that only the ones that have lagre collections and want cards to brag about is just not thought throug.

yes there are people that spend lots to get beautifull cards to show of, and while it might be a nuisance to you it actually helps the game a lot.

when people spend more there will be more money for the dev team to improve the game.

if everything will become freely available there would be no reason to spend money on it anymore and the game will lose money making it a worse experience for all.

[Content removed - please keep all discussion polite and constructive. -Prof. Poplar]

besides you can see the negative effect giving out free packs from tournament testing has had.

because of the massive increase of packs on the market inflation struck and cards (even low end ones) became more pricy and harder to obtain for those that didnt have that many packs or just bought a few codes essentially making the code cards a bad investment.

that said i do like the idea of giving out free cards/ packs but it must be done in such a way that it effects the market as little as possible.

giving out the promo's was great everyone liked that. but if people with small collections that had just obtained a FA cheren through a pack and try to trade it now are also getting hit below the belt.

People spending lots of money on inflated cards cry about all players having the same opotunitys of all. This needs to stop , seriously, in [Content removed - please keep all discussion on the topic of Pokémon. -Prof. Poplar] there are a lot of reprints in real life and its part of the game, a card being ultra hard to get or very expensive, but is part of the game life that those cards some day are going to be accesible to all or a lot more of people.

I partly agree with those who are arguing about fa cheren, but not those who are arguing over the Call of Legend energy release.

FA Cheren, although it was an unpopular Full Art, still caused shock when it was from the mystery box. However, with those who are saying that they could easily release another Full Art card, people suggesting FA Juniper, N, Skyla. Just keep in mind that if they wanted to shake the market that much, why didn't they release FA Juniper rather than Cheren? It's because of the fact that FA Cheren will be helpful enough to people's deck, without shaking the market up too much. And so they released it in the wheel. I don't like the way the ptcgo staff did it, as said before, some starting players who may have bought a Full Art cheren with their earnings now have it deemed worthless, but I understand the logic behind it.

For the Call Of Legends Grass Energy which was released, this I agree with as a release in the wheel. HGSS packs and cards are getting stupidly inflated, as people decide that they want to collect a bunch of cards, up to the point where they have an incredibly large amount, and then try to sell them for inflated prices. This gets to the point where HGSS art cards were building up in price, and Call Of Legend energy cards were going up to stupid prices. I think it could be a clever move by them to have done this release of grass, to scare the community to lower the price of other CoL energies and HGSS cards, so that way they end up just a little bit more affordable.

Also, for these cards to be obtained, you have to go through a stupidly large amount of games. They've boosted up the chance so it ends up being that you have to go through around 6 matches to get a mystery box, and there's only around 10% of those boxes which contain a rare card. So ~1/60 matches will get a card, of which that will probably be split between those prizes (Last week was between Reverse holo dark patch, reverse holo Double Colourless Energy, HGSS25 Hitmonlee and BW96 Tornadus EX, meaning it was ~1/240 to get a specific card). Obviously I can't tell the actual chances, but those are just some estimates.

Overall, it seems like they are treading softer than what people think they are. If they wanted to, they could destroy the entire pseudo-economy as a whole. Because that's what this is, a pseudo-economy because we don't really have a definite value over specific cards. If a small group of people decide they want to buy all of the Full Art Bianca's at 5 packs, and then sell them at 30 packs, the market's price for Full Art Bianca will go up to 30 packs. By the most part, tpci and the ptcgo staff are trying to give some nicer cards as a prize. And honestly, if you go "They'll do full art N/Juniper/Skyla/EX's", then why didn't they do so in the 1st place? (Also, if you notice, for the pokemon, they seem to just be going for hard to get/impossible to get promo cards, not actual cards from the sets)

But anyway, there's my opinion over it. It may seem biased towards the side of the wheel, but that's because I see the wheel doing more good than bad. Especially with an overinflated and unstable market such as this.

Thank you to anyone who read through this :)

People spending lots of money on inflated cards cry about all players having the same opotunitys of all. This needs to stop , seriously, in [REMOVED] there are a lot of reprints in real life and its part of the game, a card being ultra hard to get or very expensive, but is part of the game life that those cards some day are going to be accesible to all or a lot more of people.

it has nothing to do with equal opportunities.

everyone has the possibility of buying the cards at the prices they are offered at.

and cards already are available for everyone the whole point of having regular and full art versions is that people can spend a little or a lot and the rarity of their cards reflects that.

having an all fa or all reg deck doesnt influence the playability of any deck at all... so giving out cards that help decks getting better is fine IMO. but if you want to make a vainity deck you should have to pay the price.

Its part of life where u need to face some people like that and its unfair to those who dont. Those strong decks can be purely promo or reg and not FA and sr. Its like clearing the whole big forest just because of a few bad trees. REALly, if you are really so ambitious to create the EQUALLY society in the game, feel free to give away your cards to whoever poor guy u judge to be, at least there will be equal between you all. [Content removed - please keep all discussion polite and constructive. -Prof. Poplar]

Count me in if u did and I will promote for you in Lobby as much as I can. Sincerely...

Also, majority of the post here is against the FA cards but supporting old cards in wheel, some PROFESSOR please stand out and clarify how the future will be. Thank you very much. Personally, I think its impossible to get cards from HGSS era and thats what the moderator could help :)

Dear Professors, fellow players and collectors,

I will start by giving my opinion on how you're approaching the game and then I'll go specifically into FA Cheren and CoL energies.

It leaves me with the utmost disgust that these ridiculously valuable cards being given out on the prize wheel is your best strategy to make players get into more games. Although I have joined earlier this year, I started collecting pokemon cards as a kid when there were no more than 150-250 pokemon. I know what it is to seek after a valuable card and I know what it feels like to finally adding it to your collection as much as anybody in here. I joined the Online version of the pokemon trading card game for the most common reasons, I don't have the time I used to have in the past and my budget is also more limited, but I don't want anything of value to be given out to me without effort. Your trainer challenge rewards are fair in my opinion, I agree with the log in bonuses and I even agree with the buff to the rewards of playing in match making. I just can't agree and I am here to appeal for support from fellow players and collectors on giving away cards who were produced with a purpose of adding rarity, excitement and value to our collections.

In my point of view, the professors are fighting the tide set by the original creators of this game. I am relatively new and even though I can understand brand new online players can be very happy about having stuff awarded to them for just a little effort, it gets old and annoying quite fast. This is a game where players put there collections up against each other, you are trying to deteriorate the competitive aspect of this game by removing the effort one has to have to achieve certain goals.

I am absolutely against that you are giving out both FA Cheren and Col grass energy. I would accept and support giving out the HGSS energies that have been free in the past once you completed the trainer challenge. However I can't agree that the rare and shiny version of those cards is pratically free at this moment. It is very clear that most players enjoy them, thus there is a high demand for them, it is perfectly normal. As for the FA Cheren it just makes no sense to me, I'd like to hear from the Professors why did they come up with this idea as I just can't arrive to a conclusion. Why do you think an FA version was created in the first place? Players and collectors will always try to differentiate them from others, we are competitors naturally whether you want it or not. I'd like to know, and I think I have that right, what is coming after, what your plan of this game is.

I will not move into discussing the existence of the large forum trading threads although I have the feeling it will come down to this in a near future. If you're doing it because of them I am sure you are just ******** yourselves on your feet. Giving away promo cards is one thing, cards that are obtainable in packs, no matter how rare they are is against the spirit of the game. The game as it is will come out hurt if you continue to sail the direction you have decided to take. You are not far from having to remove the Trading of Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.

Your sincerely,

Feederp

PS: the verb to shot is censored, really?

Hello trainers,

We are taking note of your feedback for the Dev team's review. However, as this thread has failed to remain a constructive environment to share differing opinions, it will be closed.

Thanks for your understanding and your input!

Archived