plus power what???

catalilly

When I use plus power and then proceed to evolve a pokemon why dose that pokemon get canceled out of plus powers effect is it a bug and error?

Heya!

When Pokemon evolve they usually cancel out any status ailments, but I don't think they should be canceling out plus power. Hmm...I'm going to look into this and see what I can find.

Parasol Lady

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that." - Vash the Stampede

Greetings!

This is actually not a bug, but a rule of the game, From the rule book, "When a Pokémon evolves, it keeps all cards attached to it (Energy cards, Evolution cards, etc.) and any damage it might already have, but the old attacks and Poké-Powers and Poké-Bodies of the Pokémon it evolved from go away."

Sorry about any confusion this may have caused!

Prof Proto

Centurion Moderator

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up makes it permanent"

Greetings!

This is actually not a bug, but a rule of the game, From the rule book, "When a Pokémon evolves, it keeps all cards attached to it (Energy cards, Evolution cards, etc.) and any damage it might already have, but the old attacks and Poké-Powers and Poké-Bodies of the Pokémon it evolved from go away."

Sorry about any confusion this may have caused!

Prof Proto

Centurion Moderator

This is not correct. This is a bug in the game engine as kitcat100p stated in the first post. The Trainer Challenge uses the ruling from Black and White where applicable.

New text:

PlusPower (Item)

During this turn, your Pokémon's attacks do 10 more damage to the Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

Changes: This card no longer attaches to a Pokémon when used.

<sub>(source: Black and White theme deck rule sheet)</sub>

Old text:

PlusPower (Trainer)

Attach PlusPower to 1 of your Pokémon. Discard this card at the end of your turn.

If the Pokémon PlusPower is attached to attacks, the attack does 10 more damage to the Defending Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

So Prof_Proto is incorrect on both counts. Under the old ruling, PlusPower would remain attached to the Pokémon, even through evolution (per the section of the rule book he quoted). It would therefore retain the bonus damage to attacks.

Under the new ruling, PlusPower does not attach to any Pokémon, nor does it cancel due to evolution or any similar effect. It simply provides the +10 damage bonus to the Active Pokémon when it attacks, regardless of whether or not that Pokémon was Active (or even in play) when PlusPower was played.

Greetings!

Hmm, thanks for the update, apparently I misread the issue at hand. I went and investigated myself. During game play, after you use your PlusPower card it applies the dmg as a temporary special effect, and evolving your pokemon clears the pokemon of any special effects on it. I will take note of this and look for a solution. For the mean time I would suggest just trying to use your pluspower cards after evolution. Thanks for your support.

Prof Proto[/b]

Centurion Moderator

I hope this does get fixed properly... several times now I've used a pluspower before a professor oak's something (the card that shuffles your hand back into your deck and draws six cards) only to pull out an evolution card, play it and lose the bonus. In one game I would actually have won that turn had it not been for this bug. While I'm here I might as well point out that some of the damage that's supposed to be dealt without weakness/resistance seems to still get the bonus/penalty...

+1 Here.

A cpu's Kingdra used the "deal X damage to pokémon on the bench" attack on my Pettlil (am I even anywhere NEAR close with the names?) who has a resistance to water, and during the animation, it actually showed "Resistance" , even though the move should not be affected by it.

Normally I wouldn't complain, since it's in my advantage,

But you know it'd go bad if this was left unchecked when people'd go and play eachother.

Archived