Should Old Pokémon Games Get a HD Update for the Wii U?

MaSkullzOnFire

Games such as Pokémon Snap and Pokémon Stadium.

Pokémon Snap on the Wii U would work very well. You could use the pad as the camera and freely move it around to take pictures of the Pokémon. It would also be a great opportunity for those young ones who didn't get to play it when it was first released on the N64.

I would probably enjoy any Pokemon game on the WiiU! The dual-screen capability would make it perfect for a traditional Pokemon title. I would be ecstatic if it was compatible with Pokemon Box.

If a new Pokemon Stadium was made (and connected with the 3DS for pokemon usage) I would go out and buy a Wii U right now without hesitation!

Pokémon Snap for sure feels like a great fit for the WiiU, though I could also see it (actually, any older title) working reasonable well on the 3DS. Granted there are plenty I haven't played, so perhaps I am forgetting something obviously terrible for the 3DS. Even Pokémon Snap might be interesting on the 3DS; doesn't it also sense you doing things like tilting the unit? Granted you'd want the 3D turned off when not simply browsing your photos.

though I could also see it (actually, any older title) working reasonable well on the 3DS.

I highly agree with you on that. Pokémon Snap could also be playable on the 3DS as well as Pokémon Stadium. As a matter of fact when I first started playing Pokémon Y version my very words were to my friends "It's like a cross between the RPG Pokémon games and Pokémon Stadium."

Ultimately, whenEVER Pokemon actually dies down a bit, I think they should make "Pokemon World" on the latest console with ALL the regions together, of course all in HD. Imagine the fun and possibilities with THAT.

But that's just my thoughts. :D

I'd rather see a First Person [Content removed - please keep all discussion on the topic of Pokémon. -Prof. Poplar] style Pokemon game - that'd be the only way I'd ever buy a Wii U.

Archived