Black/Glitch screen OSX Mavericks

Pleinair5

Whenever I launch the game I get either a just black screen or a really glitchy screen with several coloured rectangles that don't move or anything. I tried deleting the folder in Saved Application state but it still keeps happening.

Edit: Checked all my requirements, updated my Flash for Safari, still nothing. Tried running from the refresher, nothing. I doubt my computer's graphics card is to blame as it works great on my Windows Partition (Bootcamp) but I don't want to switch over everyday just to play this if it's available for mac...

Hi there,

Try setting permissions.

Select your TCGO folder, then choose File > Get Info. If the information in Sharing & Permissions is not visible, click the disclosure triangle. Select your user from the Name column, then from the pop-up menu in the Privileges column select Read & Write.

Please let us know how it goes!

Thanks!

This sounds like the problem I have. However When I checked the files the permissions were Read and Write but I am still getting the black glitch screen

I had the same problem on OS 10.6. I solved it by deleting the preferences.

Got to:

Users--->[Your name] --->Library-->Preferences:

delete the file: unity.The Pokémon Company International.Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.plist

It deletes your settings, but at least it works.

Not sure this will work with more modern operating systems.

Hm.... I just tried it. Just that file alone right? I deleted it but it won't let me empty the trash. When I activate the program it leads to a plain black screen.

Try taking it out of full screen (use the Apple menu bar's top-right fullscreen button).

A graphics glitch was happening on my partner's Macbook Pro 13", and taking it into windowed mode helped.

Archived