Kanacho's Deck Lists - Fighting Fury

Kanacho

Here's a deck list I put together for the new Fighting expansion coming out. It's designed out quickly gathering power and striking for high damage with basics by summing up additional damage quickly.

Deck List:

4 Hitomonchan (Bullet Punch)

3 Machop

3 Machamp (Fighting Spirit)

2 Landorus (Sky Lariat)

1 Jirachi

1 Dowsing Machine

4 Muscle Band

2 Switch

1 Escape Rope

3 Level ball

2 Ultra Ball

4 Rare Candy

1 Revive

1 Professor's Letter

2 Lysandre

4 Korrina

2 Skyla

3 Juniper

3 N

1 Colress

3 Fighting Stadium

3 Fighting Energy

3 Double Colorless Energy

4 Special Fighting Energy

Strategy:

The goal is to hit quickly for high damage low-energy attacks and ramp up the damage with stronger attacks later and with the variety of boosts the deck provides. Hitmonchan is a good fighting attacker who can stack damage rapidly with all the damage boosts in the deck. He can strike for up to 60 damage for 2 colorless energy (this depends on 2 coin flips each heads offering +20 damage), making DCE a natural choice for him, and his 90 HP makes him a great candidate for level ball. Jirach is another great candidate for level ball with its 90 base HP and stellar guidance ability which gives a player the ability to get a supporter in an important situation! This allows for 1 turn set-up on Hitmonchan with plenty of ease. Hitmonchan will get a guaranteed 60 damage with no additional effects for 1 fighting energy and 2 colorless energy. Landorus is also a great Pokemon to have carrying a 20 base damage attack for 1 fighting energy that allows you to attach 1 basic energy from the discard pile to one of your benched Pokemon. This helps further utilize the 3 basic fighting energy the deck to set up quickly, and can be utilized along with professor's letter when you are in a situation where you need fighting energy quick. Landorus is also a powerful attacker hitting 90 base damage with no additional effects for 2 fighting energy and a colorless energy.

Machamp is one of the key parts of the deck and getting him out quickly will help maximize your damage potential. For each fighting fury Machamp you have in play, your fighting pokes will deal 20 more damage to the opponent's active Pokemon. Landorus and Hitmonchan gain power quickly through this ability, fighting stadium, muscle band, and special fighting energies. Korrina is a great supporter allowing you to take 1 item card (possibly a rare candy, muscle band, professor's letter, etc...) and a fighting pokemon from your deck and add them to your hand. if you have a benched machop, you can use Korrina to quickly get your Machamp into play and get even more powerful attacks out of your Pokemon.

Lysandre is a great supporter for pulling your opponent's key Pokemon off the bench for the One-Hit-KO's. This will allow for ample disruption of your opponent's strategy and can potentially win you the game! Escape rope and switch provides free retreat for your Pokemon when needed to help you maximize your damage potential with a fully powered up Pokemon!

I like the concept of the deck, but, here are my ideas:

1. I dislike machamp in this deck, not enough HP and Psychic weakness hurts, Mewtwo EX grew in popularity when Big basics won the U.S. National championships. Unless you find a way to boost his HP to 170 and damage output to 90 at least, he will fall most of the time, also if you would play 4 machamp, why not play 4 D.C.E? Crushing hammer and the treat of 1 being prized hurts more than helps. I would suggest Landous EX since you can abuse snipe and for 3 energy, 150 damage hurts more.

2. Level ball and revive are out of format. Or will be.

3. With all that Korina, why would you need ultra ball?

Things to consider, but otherwise, the deck looks great.

I like the concept of the deck, but, here are my ideas:

1. I dislike machamp in this deck, not enough HP and Psychic weakness hurts, Mewtwo EX grew in popularity when Big basics won the U.S. National championships. Unless you find a way to boost his HP to 170 and damage output to 90 at least, he will fall most of the time, also if you would play 4 machamp, why not play 4 D.C.E? Crushing hammer and the treat of 1 being prized hurts more than helps. I would suggest Landous EX since you can abuse snipe and for 3 energy, 150 damage hurts more.

2. Level ball and revive are out of format. Or will be.

3. With all that Korina, why would you need ultra ball?

Things to consider, but otherwise, the deck looks great.

The goal wasn't to attack with Machamp or use EX pokemon. The whole purpose was to refrain from using big basics like other decks, and rely on heavy hitting non-ex basics instead that can ramp up in power. Revive won't be out of format until fall I believe, and the fighting set comes out in august so people will have time to play it. Also Hitmonchan Was the primary attacker, and since I was going to use special fighting energies to boost hitmonchan's attack, then sitting on DCE by itself will only be a temporary thing, and I would shift over to hitting the guaranteed 60 instead. the 1 DCE is good though since it lets you dish out some pretty heavy damage with 1 manual attach if the match just started or you want to set up another Hitmonchan quickly (the 90 HP isn't that great). Machamp will spend most of his time sitting on the bench doing nothing while hitmonchan and landorus (Both non-ex basics) will be hitting quickly and effectively. IF I added EX's, then it would negate the purpose of the deck (non-ex heavy-hitting basics). Anymore than 3 DCE are going to be unnecessary since the DCE is basically used to fuel Hitmonchans for early-game purposes. Landorus will allow for the tiny bit of acceleration that you'll need late-game (ultra balls can discard basic fighting energy therefor allowing you to accel if you need to) so there's plenty of options for using the cards I have in there. Ultra-ball helps set up your bench much faster when you can grab an ultra ball + landorus with korrina if you already have a rare candy, then set up a machamp with ultra ball rare candy, and put another lando into play. These kinds of small things was the purpose for the couple of ultra balls in there, and it might make the difference.

Archived