What Cards Could I Use in this Deck?

MaSkullzOnFire

I have obtained 2 promo Giratina's and I have 2 FA Deoxys EX. I would like these two cards to be in the same deck, however, no matter what I put in the deck with them the deck doesn't seem to work as well as I would have hoped.

So, I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations as to what else I could put in the deck.

if they're not good cards they naturally won't work as well as if they were matched with good cards I guess. I think the giratina is the main issue probably. the obvious thing I guess would be to include hypnotoxic lasers and virbank into the the deck as well as plasma energy and colress machine. the hard part is that giratina is weak to dark the dark is probabaly still popular for now. even after rotations I would imagine you'd come across a fair bit of yveltal still and still get in a lot of trouble with it.

I would argue that you could add Deoxys EX in the Poison deck (Crobat, Giratina, Laserbank) to make it even stronger.

Giratina needs several things but can be a fun card to use when you have all the resources to go along side him. First will be either chose between Gardivoir that allows psychic energy to count as x2 or Colress machine/Colress energy to allow for quicker attacking with Giratina. Next naturally comes the virbank gym, you figure with poison for 2 energy either both being psychic (with Gardivoir) or 1 DCE and 1 psychic energy with a virbank active your opponent with have 130 on their active and potential sleep going into their turn and if they cant retreat going back into your turn 160 which will pretty much allow for 2HKO's every time. Why that matters is because Giratina is not an EX in this situation so at least even though he can be taken down rather easily he does only give up 1 prize.

Next thing to do is find a good pokemon or evolution line to pair him with. Crobat (team plasma) comes to mind as a candidate as they both use the same energy requirement and Crobat allows for free retreat of itself and works as a draw engine as well thanks to its ability. Another option that jumps out is Deoxys EX, the scenario i mentioned above with say 3 Deoxsy on your bench would allow 160 damage on your opponents active and if they couldn't switch out 190 going back into their turn and in just about every situation means the opponents pokemon wont survive going back into your turn. Just some food for thought and you can try each of these suggestions and hope you find one that works well for you.

Archived