Building an Yveltal EX/Darkrai EX deck

Mamoreck

I want to build an Yveltal EX/Darkrai EX deck, but I still need alot more cards I don't have before my deck will be complete. I will probably just buy Dark Explorer packs, unless someone wants to trade.

Currently I have this deck which is just a temporary deck I use until I have all the cards I need:

Pokemon 10

2x Yveltal EX

1x Darkrai

1x Druddigon (Rough Skin/Clutch Colorless Druddigon)

2x Bouffalant

2x Yveltal

2x Kangashkan (Call for family could help me get the Pokémon I need faster if I get this card and use it.)

Trainer 36

Dark Patch x1 (I still need more of those)

Hypno Laser x2

Energy Switch x2

Max Revive x2

Pal Pad x1

Pokemon Catcher x3

Potion x3

Professor's letter x2

Startling megaphone x1

Switch x4 (Will be removed after I get Darkrai-EX)

1x tool scrapper

1x town map

3x ultra ball

3x cilan

1x elesa

2x prof juniper

1x shadow circle (Virbank city gym would be a better stadium card, but I don't have it)

1x dark claw

2x muscle band

Energy 14

10x dark energy

4x double colorless energy

So how could I improve this deck and how could I get the needed cards faster?

I already know I need 2 Darkrai-EX, maybe another Yveltal EX, 2 sableyes with junk hunt, 2 more dark patches and virbank city gym, but what other cards would be necessary aswell? And what's the fastest way to get them?

A are you aware of the upcoming set rotation?

B are you aware of the upcoming expansion set?

C are you planning to just concede to pyroar matchups?

consider those 3 points and then we can discuss further regarding improving the deck

A are you aware of the upcoming set rotation?

B are you aware of the upcoming expansion set?

C are you planning to just concede to pyroar matchups?

consider those 3 points and then we can discuss further regarding improving the deck

A & B: No

C: With my current deck I will just concede to pyroar decks, but I might add some cards to my deck that work against them.

Well, C he has you on. I have been to several Leauge Challenges Since Nationals, Pyroar is on the rise, I played 3 Pyroar decks, I can only imagine the mount of Pyroar at worlds, the sad fact is, you do need a counter, Garbodor or Raichu are popular answers currently. A and B are also crucial, theyre the boundaries of the sets you are allowed to use. A: The next format is Boundaries crossed-on, meaning Next Destinies, Dark Explorers, Dragon Vault and Dragons Exalted are no longer tournament legal on day 1.B: The Next set is Rising Fist, Which is a Fighting type set. Keep this in mind when building decks.

Well, C he has you on. I have been to several Leauge Challenges Since Nationals, Pyroar is on the rise, I played 3 Pyroar decks, I can only imagine the mount of Pyroar at worlds, the sad fact is, you do need a counter, Garbodor or Raichu are popular answers currently. A and B are also crucial, theyre the boundaries of the sets you are allowed to use. A: The next format is Boundaries crossed-on, meaning Next Destinies, Dark Explorers, Dragon Vault and Dragons Exalted are no longer tournament legal on day 1.B: The Next set is Rising Fist, Which is a Fighting type set. Keep this in mind when building decks.

I put Raichu in my deck, so that problem should be fixed now. I don't play tournaments, I just play normal matches, so will I still be able to use sets like Dark Explorers and Dragon Exalted in-game when Rising Fist comes out?

Also, both Yveltal and Yveltal-EX have a resistance against fighting types, so fighting types probably won't be too much of a problem. Darkrai-EX is weak against fighting types, but I won't be using it as a main attacker, so it should be no big problem. If I still would have to use it for a longer time as attacker than I would expect, then I could use shadow circle to remove the weakness from my dark-type pokémon.

I put Raichu in my deck, so that problem should be fixed now. I don't play tournaments, I just play normal matches, so will I still be able to use sets like Dark Explorers and Dragon Exalted in-game when Rising Fist comes out?

Also, both Yveltal and Yveltal-EX have a resistance against fighting types, so fighting types probably won't be too much of a problem. Darkrai-EX is weak against fighting types, but I won't be using it as a main attacker, so it should be no big problem. If I still would have to use it for a longer time as attacker than I would expect, then I could use shadow circle to remove the weakness from my dark-type pokémon.

normal matches as in standard or unlimited? because the same rules apply for standard matches, meaning when the rotation occurs sableye and dark patch are not allowed anymore, significantly weakening the dark decks

normal matches as in standard or unlimited? because the same rules apply for standard matches, meaning when the rotation occurs sableye and dark patch are not allowed anymore, significantly weakening the dark decks

I currently just play standard matches, but k after the rotation I will play unlimited matches instead.

Garbodor is one of the key players in a good Yveltal deck, so I would highly suggest getting a couple.

Looking through your list, I notice that you have a total of 6 supporters, with only Juniper as draw support. That needs to change. The standard in almost every deck nowadays is a minimum of 3 N, and 3 Juniper. If you don't like the effects of these cards, you could go for cards like Bianca or Cheren, which don't have a shuffle/discard effect. Skyla is a must for most decks, simply because it's so useful for searching out that one card you need to complete a combo. I would also recommend taking out Cilan for professor's letter. Although Cilan searches for an extra energy, it uses up your turns supporter as well, meaning you can't search it out effectively with Skyla. Professor's letter is an item, which bypasses these restrictions

TL;DR, get Garbodor, and supporters

I changed my deck here's the list:

Pokemon 12

1x Darkrai EX

2x Sableye

2x Yveltal

2x Yveltal EX

1x Mewtwo EX (To attack with it, it needs only 1 dce energy and it would be probably be useful against decks in the upcoming expansion, because of their weakness against psychic types. I could replace this with another Yveltal EX but I'm not sure if I should do that.)

2x Trubbish

2x Garbodor

Trainer 35

2x Dark Patch

2x Professor's Letter

1x Energy Switch

1x Tool Scrapper

1x Startling Megaphone

3x Hypno Laser

1x Town Map

3x Ultra Ball

2x Virbank City Gym

1x Dark Claw

2x Float Stone

2x Muscle Band

2x Colress

1x Elesa

2x Lysandre

4x N

4x Juniper

1x Shauna

Energy 13

9x Darkness Energy

4x Double Colorless Energy

Is this deck good enough already or are there still big changes I should make?

Archived