Rapidash-Torkoal!

Guest ArtichokeCat

Guest ArtichokeCat

Introduction.

Hello, fellow PTCGO players. This is a seriously bad deck, and I'm going to need you help to fix it. :)

The Backstory.

I was thinking of making a Torkoal deck inspired from a video I watched.

I put Rapidash FF and Torkoal FF into the Deck Wizard.

I got a pretty bad deck.

I edited it a bit.

This is the result.

Now, if I get enough support/improvements,

I'll use this deck for the Battle Frontier Challenge.

The Decklist.

Pokemon: 10

2-2 Rapidash FF

3 Torkoal FF

2 Victini LT (aka Fliptini)

1 Emolga LT

Trainers:38

1 Skyla

1 Lysandre

4 Blacksmith

4 Shauna

2 Professor Sycamore

2 N

4 Fiery Torch

4 Bicycle

2 Professor's Letter

1 Sacred Ash

1 Gold Potion ACE SPEC

4 Ultra Ball

2 Switch

2 Startling Megaphone

4 Muscle Band

Energy: 12

12 Fire Energy

The Conclusion.

If it's not too much trouble, please leave a comment below with suggestions to improve this deck.

An interesting deck, and quite a neat concept but there is one or two changes I would consider, I'm not a massive fan of Skyla in these kind of decks as it feels like they have a lot of non-draw Supporter cards like Blacksmith already, and Skyla doesn't really offer much hand refresh which is quite useful in these decks. I would personally switch them with N to get some more hand refresh early game and potentially some disruption late game (I think 3 N is good, I understand that the deck is meant to be quite fast with Torkoal but I still think that extra Hand refresh would be useful). Also some Bicycle could be something to consider.

Guest ArtichokeCat

Yeah I thought 1-1 Electrode be neat to have in this sort of a deck.

I do like Skyla in this deck but I may just drop it to 1-2 and replace them with Ns.

(I thought everyone would be on me for the low supporter count. :P)

PS. Is N going to rotate?

I heard that there was a promo.

EDIT: Yeah there is a promo, but not in the Red Genesect Collection as I originally thought.

Why are so many promos Japan exclusives?

I'd agree with Matthew. But tbh I can't see this deck getting very far. There's just not enough of a offensive threat with the pokemon.

Here's a few tweaks I'd try though;

Take out 2 skylas, 2 ultra ball and the 4 roller skates

Add 3 bicycles, 2 more energy,1 cheren and 2 pokemon fan club

You dont need to be using so many ultra balls when level balls or fan club would suffice for the majority of your pokemon. The only problem with level balls is that you dont have the chance to grab victini or emolga or rapidash. Eventhough you want to be minimizing your non-blacksmith supported use I opted for fan club in my suggestion because it will cover you for emolga and victini and grab you 2 pokemon using 1 card rather than 2 cards being used for level balls. Youll just have to make do using an extra supporter.

Roller skates are too unpredictable and risky. If you can minimize the amount of supporters in your hand and keep a slow inflow of energies to your hand, you should be able to maintain low card counts in your hand, this is where the bicycles will be handy. All your other cards you can dispose of instantly more or less.

I've left 2 ultra ball in their just in case you really need any of your pokemon in a single turn without having to use a supporter and also this is why iv included a cheren. So you can increase the chance of pulling in one of your ultra balls.

Theres other changes I could suggest too but Id try these out first. But like I said, i cant see this deck getting very far anyway. Of course these are just my opinions and you're more than welcome to disregard them.

Guest ArtichokeCat

1. It's designed for the Beginner Modified format for the Battle Frontier challenge, which is why damage is capped at 100.

2. I have never really understood Bicycle and why people like it so much. I know what it does, but instead of Bicycle I'd probably use a 1-1 Electrode line. Can someone please explain Bicycle?

3. Level Ball will rotate. And I prefer Ultra Ball. IDK why but I feel like I don't need Fan Club and that it's pretty much useless outside of the 1st turn.

4. What is with people and Cheren?! Roller Skates IS Cheren on a Flip.

PS. I'll make a Version with 2-1-2 Delphox line later...

Guest ArtichokeCat

Ok, the Delphox version...Crazy Good.

Pokemon: 14

3-1-3 Delphox XY (Mystical Fire)

3 Torkoal FF, 2 Victini LT (aka Fliptini)

1 Reshiram LT, 1 Emolga LT

Trainer: 34

3 N, 1 Professor Sycamore

3 Blacksmith, 3 Skyla, 1 Lysandre.

4 Fiery Torch, 2 Professor's Letter

4 Ultra Ball, 4 Rare Candy

2 Startling Megaphone, 2 Switch, 1 Sacred Ash,

1 Dowsing Machine Ace Spec

3 Muscle Band

Energy: 12

12 Fire Energy

In regards to point 2 and 4 of yours. Your deck will only work if it has almost instant set up. You dont really have the option of relying on coin tosses or setting up a spare stage 1 mon.

Regarding point 3, any could work. fan club just gives the option of drawing 2 cards instead of 1 and then use ultras for your rapidash. But whatever works for you.

Guest ArtichokeCat

Yeah, I'm switching my Roller Skates to Bicycles...

I saw a Drowzee card in a scan that turns all your flips into tails. Pure EVIL! :mad:

So...do you have any tips on how to get my hand size down so Bicycle works? :P

PS. Do you guys think that there's any way I could fit Laser-Bank into the deck?

You should be okay for bicycles using your current setup especially seeing as you only have 12 energy, if you want more support for it take a few supporters out and add a juniper or two and energyretrieval/super energy retrieval

Guest ArtichokeCat
You should be okay for bicycles using your current setup especially seeing as you only have 12 energy, if you want more support for it take a few supporters out and add a juniper or two and energyretrieval/super energy retrieval

Thanks a ton, man! :)

I've played my first game with this decklist and therefore it will be the final decklist.

Guest ArtichokeCat

That was a bust.

I lost.

Now I'm trying Torkoal-Ninetales.

See y'all at the other thread. :P

EDIT: Actually, i may have something...don"t go yet.

Lol, domt base it off of one match. play a handful and see how it goes. Also decks always need fine tweaking so see what works as you play. But anyway like ive said, i cant see this deck being very competitive anyway. good luck though.

Guest ArtichokeCat

No.

It's designed for the Beginner Modified format for the Battle Frontier challenge.

It was literally IMPOSSIBLE to beat my opponent's deck.

Therefore the deck must be scrapped.

Guest ArtichokeCat

Never mind...What this deck needs is a counter stadium.

I need help to put laser-bank into this deck.

Ive not played the BF, What were you up against?

You'll be hard pressed to fit hypno bank into this. You can try though.

Guest ArtichokeCat

Lopunny FF+ Aspertia City Gym. xD

If you can't OHKO it, then tough luck.

Pretty soon there'll be Training Center. Which will provide the same results.

maybe if I wait 'till Furious Fists I can beat it with one of the many Fighting types. :P

But I want an answer now, which is why I'm here. Lol

Hey, can we move this over to my other thread, Artichoke's Awesome decks?

Thanks. :)

Reason:

I have a decklist in there. If i replace the Ninetales with Rapidash, then voila!

I have fit Laser-bank into my deck.

But i need you over there to review it, JewishGuy.

Archived