Down with Zaft and Top Cut

roderyo

I believe that Zaft and Top Cut have been driving up prices and damage the fun of the game by making cards unfairly priced. I would like to start a petition to disband them and also a boycott on buying from them. I encourage people to set their own prices and not succumb to the oppression imposed on the community by these companies.

Thank you

I do this for the community and the sake of pokémon fans everywhere!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both of these "Companies" are made up of fellow players. Their prices are there to keep everything fair. You can't encourage people to set their own price, for some people over/undervalue cards and when that happens someone gets ripped off (whether it be themselves or not.) If you don't agree with certain prices, take it to the public trading system. I can almost guarantee you will pay more on there 9 out of ten times. Good luck with your petition. and one more thing: Zaft stands for Zodiac Alliance of Free Traders. Anyone can join.

Both of these "Companies" are made up of fellow players. Their prices are there to keep everything fair. You can't encourage people to set their own price, for some people over/undervalue cards and when that happens someone gets ripped off (whether it be themselves or not.) If you don't agree with certain prices, take it to the public trading system. I can almost guarantee you will pay more on there 9 out of ten times. Good luck with your petition. and one more thing: Zaft stands for Zodiac Alliance of Free Traders. Anyone can join.

^what he said, for the rest can i lol at this troll topic? :D

I believe that Zaft and Top Cut have been driving up prices and damage the fun of the game by making cards unfairly priced. I would like to start a petition to disband them and also a boycott on buying from them. I encourage people to set their own prices and not succumb to the oppression imposed on the community by these companies.

Thank you

I do this for the community and the sake of pokémon fans everywhere!

N full art a pack

SR ultra ball a pack

Darkrai ex full art a pack

Mewtwo ex full art a pack

others 0.25 :) thats what u want? nice. I support u.

Hey everyone!

I need M-Venusaur-EX x1

Ill pay with 3 FF packs. :)

Hey there! I do not know if this was meant to be posted on the Zaft page, but I will send this trade to you ^^

Guest ArtichokeCat
N full art a pack

SR ultra ball a pack

lol. :P

what people are most upset about are the pack conversions.

N full art a pack

SR ultra ball a pack

This is exactly what i want :) Thank you!

Prices are created by supply and demand. Those two companies simply list the prices, most people are currently willing to pay for each card. Also, they provide a useful service for those who don't want to wait hours or days for a public offer to fill or sit in chat lobbies for hours trying to find a deal.

N full art a pack

SR ultra ball a pack

Let's start by buying these cards from people with the price changes they support. :)

Prices are created by supply and demand. Those two companies simply list the prices, most people are currently willing to pay for each card. Also, they provide a useful service for those who don't want to wait hours or days for a public offer to fill or sit in chat lobbies for hours trying to find a deal.

Let's start by buying these cards from people with the price changes they support. :)

We will have zillion cards soon.

A pack FTW :P

^That is what I wanted to say. Most prices we have are what people are willing to pay. If you can sell me any of those cards mentioned for those prices, we will surely start selling for the same prices. You're neglecting the fact that those cards are very limited. Almost everyone wants those. If there are 4 N Fa's, there are 50 people, each of them want 4X of him. How do you think will that be possible if everyone could buy it for 1 pack? As much as I am in support of keeping fair prices, the prices are highly raised right now because of the de-valuing of FF packs. There was also a time when N FA was sold for 20 FF, right now it's 59. I did not rise in a day, it rose gradually as the market changed i.e. the supply and demand for that card changed. Thank you.

We will have zillion cards soon.

A pack FTW :P

Wait. I thought you were going to sell me an FA Mewtwo EX and FA N for 1 pack? Since you said you supported those price changes I thought I'd kick things off by buying from you at your new prices. :)

If you don't want to price them for that, I'll be willing to buy them for a pack more than what Milennin is offering too :P?\

==============

But no really - Supply and demand is the primary factor determining the market. Zaft and Top Cut can charge a slight premium [since they are providing a time saving service] over market prices and often slightly influence them, but they are still bound by the market as well.

OK, I'm sold, Roderyo.

I would like:

4x SR Ultra Ball (4)

4x N FA (4)

4x Skyla FA (4)

4x Juniper FA (4)

4x Colress FA (4)

4x Mewtwo EX FA (4)

4x Landorus EX FA (4)

Total: 28 packs. My packs are tagged. Please, send offer ASAP.

Down with ZaftCo and Top Cut!

OK, I'm sold, Roderyo.

I would like:

4x SR Ultra Ball (4)

4x N FA (4)

4x Skyla FA (4)

4x Juniper FA (4)

4x Colress FA (4)

4x Mewtwo EX FA (4)

4x Landorus EX FA (4)

Total: 28 packs. My packs are tagged. Please, send offer ASAP.

Down with ZaftCo and Top Cut!

Error trade cant be complete.

LOL

It's a misconception we on Top Cut and Zaft. Co "decides" the prices. We don't have that kind of power.

All prices are determined after looking at the market itself. If the supply/demand stayed the same for all cards the prices would never change.

The main reason why cards are getting more and more expensive is because packs from older sets is not opened that often. Which in turn means we are in particular not getting new ultra rares from older sets introduced to the market. Whenever there is demand for any of these cards the already limited supply will grow more and more thin. Making the cards continually harder to get and you will be forced to pay more and more to get your hands on one.

Comparing to ultra rares in high demand from recent sets like FA Yveltal EX, FA Lysandre and CB Charizard EX these cards keeps a reasonable price due to the heavy amount of packs opened which keep bringing new copies of these cards to answer the demand. If we look far into the future we could very well see these becoming the next FA Mewtwo EX/FA Darkrai EX as XY/FF is not as likely to be opened by then and heavy demand could therefore give the same effect.

Yeah it's exactly what Cymantex said. Do not blame Zaft and Top Cut for setting prices, they are very fine examples of price takers. They could influence the Market prices more but from talking with them I've realized how they only change it when they cant handle it anymore. If they raised prices even more now, this phase of an end of a currency, right before Furious Fists comes out, alongside all these alpha tournament tests that inject millions of boosters for free, the prices would get on an unstoppable loop. The control they are providing at the moment is surprising for me. I'm glad they are doing it this way.

I think zaft's prices are fine. The only issue I have is the ridiculous pack ratios they have (which aren't accurate) and zaft even says you will get unfair trades for LT/XY/EP packs... Zaft is fine, but people trying to FORCE others to sell/buy for the price The zaft or top cut lists ALWAYS is absolutely the complete opposite of the purpose it should serve. It should be a rough gauge of the worth of your cards, not the definite price. Talking out a trade is part of the game, but the players who will only take top cut/zaft prices might cause issues for trading and make it more difficult to sell/buy things overall.

Hm. I believe Roderyo isn't exactly accurate, but I can see where he is angry. For example, 6 Months ago, Darkrai Ex FA was around 15. It hasnt gotten ANY harder to obtain (ssince DEX isn't rotated yet) yet it has SOARED to around 44 now. please explain why this is

Hm. I believe Roderyo isn't exactly accurate, but I can see where he is angry. For example, 6 Months ago, Darkrai Ex FA was around 15. It hasnt gotten ANY harder to obtain (ssince DEX isn't rotated yet rotated yet) yet. it has SOARED to around 44 now. please explain why this is

This goes hand in hand with what I explained earlier. Since few Dark Explorers packs are opened nowadays we don't get any new Darkrai EX into the market. Whenever we get any jump in demand for this card it will jump in value. If we get a lot of demand at the same time it will skyrocket.

A recent example of this happening is with Landorus EX which both won US nationals and is looking very promising for the next set being able to Night Spear for 1 energy. This have caused an incredible amount of demand which made Landorus EX from the older rarely opened Boundaries Crossed set to quickly rise in value.

The demand for FA Darkrai EX was in particular affected by the trend of stocking up on highly demanded cards during the end of a new set release to save as much value as possible for the next set.

but people trying to FORCE others to sell/buy for the price The zaft or top cut lists ALWAYS is absolutely the complete opposite of the purpose it should serve. It should be a rough gauge of the worth of your cards, not the definite price. Talking out a trade is part of the game, but the players who will only take top cut/zaft prices might cause issues for trading and make it more difficult to sell/buy things overall.

Top cut is mainly a convenience store not a price guide.

Every card have a range of value. Both Zaft and Top Cut's values should generally be seen as the maximum amount you buy a card for. If you go any higher you can simply order the card(s) from the threads instead. Keeping the price of all cards updated is very difficult and sometimes cards can be undervalued.

In other words, prices are deliberately put on the highest end of the price spectrum, otherwise we wouldn't be able to handle the demand that comes with it. While it also gives a safety margin whenever the demand of a card is rises.

Some rarely traded cards/items also have a huge price fluctuation (SL cards for example), you should especially take our values with a grain of salt when it comes to these.

Archived