Network Connection Lost In-game

Dr-Professor

I have experienced a bug where I will receive a network connection has been lost message (even though my Internet connection is fine) during matches. If I wait long enough, the game will eventually reconnect and I will resume my match. However, after this happens, because the network connection is up for a good bit of time, as soon as the game catches up and gets back to my turn, I lose because I "timed out". This can be a very annoying bug especially if you are about to win and then lose to something that is beyond your control. I was hoping that the maintenance yesterday would fix this problem, but it didn't.... Anyway, I'm not sure if there is any way to solve this problem or if there is a temporary fix that will allow the match to continue and not time out if there are network issues. Thanks a lot for what you do! Good luck and God bless!

I've experienced this myself, it can be quite annoying. What I'm about to suggest isn't necessarily a solution, but I've found that it works for me, and that I rarely experience loss of connection after doing this;

1) Limit the amount of devices connected to your router; every device connected slows it down considerably in my experience, so try to limit the amount you have connected at any one time. For example; if I'm playing the PTCGO and my partner is playing on our Playstation, it slows down my connection considerably.

2) Don't run too much software at once; try to close down any programmes running in the background of your desktop, or laptop. It would help to stop any unnecessary start-up software. You can find guides to do this online.

3) Delete any unnecessary temporary files on your computer, as well as uninstall unwanted software. You can find guides for this online, but stick to reputable sites. DO NOT DOWNLOAD ANY SOFTWARE THAT PROMISES TO SPEED YOUR COMPUTER UP. I need to type that in all caps to make it clear. Windows may have a registry cleaner available, but make sure if you use it, you get it directly from windows.

4) Play in a cool area; like game consoles, computer performance can be effected by heat.

If you're unsure as to how to do any of these things; try to get a friend to do it for you, but they're pretty simple. And again; this is not a promised solution, but it worked for me.

Good luck!

You're not the only one. I've seen the message flicker across my screen multiple times - and no there is NOTHING wrong with my pc OR connection, I have screenshots to prove there are no problems with either. I feel that something suspicious is going on, because it always completely locks down disconnected when I'm about to win - this was happening a lot during tournaments, I have screenshots to prove I should have won those games. I don't think the servers for this game can cope with the traffic! Edit: I suspect players are ddos'ing the server to disconnect other players so they win. Also they may be exploiting a defect with the client, because it never reconnects no matter how long you wait, which presumably would eventually if it is your connection. You have to fully close the client and reboot to regain access to the game.

Most of the time, when it is in game, I can reconnect fine if I wait long enough. The only problem is that I instantly loose because "I ran out of time or was idle for too long." Even though I can't do anything about the problem....

Today I got this problem to many times.

My connection is fine, but still getting that message about server does not respond

same here,

today i could nt even finish one match.

always the same message:

we tried to talk to the servers but didnt get a response. you can wait or disconnect immediately.

I get this a lot too. It's very annoying especially as I've just started a ******* channel where I do videos from PTCO and this makes recording very difficult. I think it is probably an issue with the programme, and I hope they get it fixed soon.

Hmm. This problem happens to me some, although the game definitely returns me to the same match sometimes when I get booted out. It was extremely frustrating during the previous Sunday's tournament test (what with its higher-than-normal prizes), since I basically had no chance at first place. Part of the problem was that several devices were using the router, but it was worse than any other time there was lots of router traffic.

So, have any users (or members of the dev team) found that there are settings in this game that will not cause the computer to have to work so hard? I think there is currently a setting that goes from "fastest" to "best looking" or something like that, but neither of those sound quite like what I'm looking for. I'm nowhere near as concerned about the game looking good or processing fast; especially when I'm in a tournament test, I want to be sure I get through the match.

Any help anyone can provide is much appreciated!

Hello trainers,

The best way to find solutions tailored to your specific experience is to submit a ticket to the support team for individual investigation. You can do this by clicking the link in my signature, signing in, and clicking "Ask a Question". Please add as much information to your ticket as possible, including a summary of your system specs (obtainable via DxDiag for Windows or System Profiler for Mac) and any crash reports or error codes you receive upon disconnection.

Thanks for your patience!

Archived