I'm New and I need some Help

Jp-Ishinta

Hi Everyone, I have been playing PTCG Online for five months now and I have no idea how to participate in tournaments or how to trade cards, actually this is the first time I visit the forum (which I really like:D ). If anyone can send me some info or give me some tips that would be great, Thanks in advance.

JpIshinta

Hi Everyone, I have been playing PTCG Online for five months now and I have no idea how to participate in tournaments or how to trade cards, actually this is the first time I visit the forum (which I really like:D ). If anyone can send me some info or give me some tips that would be great, Thanks in advance.

JpIshinta

Well, tournaments are hosted like only once a week; they get announced on the forums.

All trading is done under the trading section (on the right side tab). It helps to tag your cards for trade (do this in your collection), so other people can see what cards you have for trade.

Anyway, feel free to add me if you need more questions answered.

Oh boy, you've missed out on a load of tournaments! I'm just going to add to what Milennin said with a few points;

1) You can see tournament announcements on the PTCG programme; when you start it up, look at the bottom of the screen where you type in your user and password, it should say "Welcome to Pokemon". When there is a tournament coming up, it will change to tell you when, so be prepared.

2) You require tournament tickets to enter tournaments, sometimes 4, sometimes 6, sometimes 8. They're easy enough to get, and the beta tournament tests refund them, so don't worry about losing them for now.

3) Unless you have a competitive standard or unlimited deck (and I mean competitive), or a whole lot of luck, avoid the standard and unlimited tournaments if you're hoping to win so early into the game. Instead, buy theme decks at the in-game store and play the theme tournaments. The current best decks to go with are; Resilient Life, Destruction Rush, as well as the Leafeon Plasma deck. The Basic Green and Basic Orange decks are extremely competitive too.

Good luck, and happy gaming!

If it's you're first time then welcome to the forums :)

To participate in tournaments you have to click the trophy icon at the top of your screen when in the game. Tournament dates and times are announced in the Announcements area on the forums and on the log in screen at the bottom when it asks you to put in your username and password, so be sure to check often.

As for trading your cards: when you're in the game you click Trade option and then you have a choice of clicking either Public Trade or Private Trade. Private Trade allows you to trade with one specific person whereas Public Trade allows you to post a public offer and wait until either the time limit runs out or until someone accepts your trade offer.

Of course when it comes to trading you can only trade unlocked cards, so, next time you're in the game go to your Collection and have a look at the bottom of your cards. You'll see some numbers like so *0/1* or *1/0*. These numbers are the amount of tradable versions or untradable versions of that particular card with the left number being how many tradable versions you have and the untradable versions on the right.

I hope this has been helpful :) If you have any other questions do not hesitate to ask.

I want to thank everyone on this thread for their information. I too am new not only to this forum (I personally don't like forums all that much and avoid them like the plague) but, to the PTCGO as well. I've only been playing a couple of weeks or so and, despite my underlining guilt for being an adult playing a game most find geared towards children, really enjoy it other than loosing on PvP because of not having decent decks yet.

I want to thank MASKULLZONFIRE for confirming what I thought about the numbers under the cards. To add a little to this for anyone else reading this thread for information, the right hand side of the number set will be grey and usually have a lock on it which means they are not able to be traded. The left numbers (usually all your cards will be 0 when you first start out) are a bluish background and will indicate the number of cards that are allowed to be traded. Now, to add my own personal question to this, from what I've see the only way to get cards to be traded online is to buy the cards (either though a deck or booster pack) in real life and submit the code online. If this is correct, please let me know. If there are other ways of obtaining trade-able cards pleas let me know as well. Thank you.

Also, I wanted to thank ****LESSONE for their advice regarding tournaments. Seeing that I have not seen any tournaments yet I didn't know what tournaments there were and the advice he/she gave is very valuable.

To Mr/Mrs/Miss LESSONE (post number 4): I just wanted to inform you that I tried to mention you in my post and thank you for your advice but, the system kept on replacing the first four letters of you screen name with *. Anyways, I want to thank you anyways for your advice.

You are very welcome; and I'm aware of the issue with my name, and yet completely unaware as to why it censors it. Oh well. Add me in-game if you're in need of any help!

If there are other ways of obtaining trade-able cards pleas let me know as well. Thank you.

Any packs/cards that you get from tournaments as well as from the prize wheel can also be traded.

Archived