Furious fist deck ideas

RoyalDuke

Im sure most of you are aware that the next tcg expansion is less than a month away, so have any of you guys thought of any decks yet?

my thoughts were on something like:

1. dragonite ex, virizion ex and raichu/zekromex/raikouex with maxpotions

2. Politoed/poliwrath deck with maxpotions

3. landorus machamp or whatever.

4. blacksmith blaziken muscle band

or maybe revive donchamp with focus sash

It looks like a great expansion, but Seismitoad EX with Garbodor will wreck everything. It will be more broken than Yveltal is. That said, Flygon and Dragonite EX got my attention, also Dedenne and Landorus could be squeezed in. Dragonite combined with Scoop-Ups will be quite nice combo.

Also figured this: A Lucario EX with a muscle band and two strong energy + 2 Machamps on the bench and Fighting Stadium in play OHKOs any EX (short of megas, modifiers, and resistance)!!! Granted it takes time to set up, but it could be deadly.

Guest ArtichokeCat
Also figured this: A Lucario EX with a muscle band and two strong energy + 2 Machamps on the bench and Fighting Stadium in play OHKOs any EX (short of megas, modifiers, and resistance)!!! Granted it takes time to set up, but it could be deadly.

What about Hawlucha?

the magmortar/electivire combo also seems nice.

but i wonder how that electivire attack is going to work... i mean it says:

This attack does 20 more damage for each Energy attached to your magmortar

but does that mean it will select A magmortar on your bench or will it count them attached to all magmortars on your bench.

aurorus and jynx also seem fun to play, but i don't know in what context yet.

gothitelle could also make for some pretty intresting things, maybe revive gothgor but with one on the bench and cycle between virbank and beach when you need them :)

tool retriever also seems really intresting to play.[/font][/color]

Guest ArtichokeCat
the magmortar/electivire combo also seems nice.

but i wonder how that electivire attack is going to work... i mean it says:

This attack does 20 more damage for each Energy attached to your magmortar

but does that mean it will select A magmortar on your bench or will it count them attached to all magmortars on your bench.

[/font][/color]

The attack you will want to be using is Magmortar's anyway. The second attack + a Muscle Band= OHKOs

The attack you will want to be using is Magmortar's anyway. The second attack + a Muscle Band= OHKOs

possibly...

but i still want to know how it will work.

My thoughts and ideas on some new decks:

1. Lucario:

in Big Basics with Garbodor and eventually a strong Fighting Support

+ Landorus EX

+ Strong Energy

+ Focus Sash/Muscle Band

+ either the new Fighting Stadium or Laserbank

+ Raichu if Yveltal is still popular

+ if Yveltal-Players are scared away by the rotation of Dark Patch/Sableye: Donphan (PS I think?) might replace Raichu as a Pyroar counter, since its "saved" on the bench after its attack. Inflicts 110 DMG with Laserbank + Strong Energy + Muscle Band. Eventually even Gliscor (BC) might be an option, which prevents Pyroar from retreating, poisons it and KOs it coming back into your turn with the help of Muscle Band and Strong Energy

+ If Lucario sees alot success Mewtwo might get more Popular as a counter, forcing everyone to play even more Mewtwo EX to win Mewtwo-wars

with Machamp:

+ Korrina for easy setup

+ Donphan

+ Fighting Stadium + Focus Sash + Strong Energy

+ Landorus EX

(+ maybe M Lucario EX)

+ mini Landorus for acceleration

+ eventually Mewtwo EX and other "techs"

2. Seismitoad EX

+ Garbodor

+ Laser Bank

+ Muscle Band

+ no Pyroar Counter required with enough Garbodor

+ Virgen counter (?)

3. Dragonite EX:

in Virgen (just 1-2 Copies might work well, especially if you run Laserbank instead of Skyarrow since you can get up to 170 dmg that way.) requires Lighting Energy tho

with Altaria:

+ eventually a slim Garchomp Line: Gabit for faster Setup, Garchomp as Pyroar Counter -> requires Fighting Energy

+ with Fighting Energy you might throw in a Landorus Ex

+ Muscle Band to reach 180 Dmg with Dragonite

+ Virizion EX (maybe as acceleration or just for its effect)

+ Scoop Ups (and Max Potions)

with Laser Bank:

+OHKOs on 170HP Pokes with the attack (80+40) + Muscle Band + Laserbank

+ requires Pyroar counters

+ difficulties with 180 HP pokemon

4. Electivire + Magmortar

I see 2 different approaches here:

a) Magmortar as main Attacker

+ will be OHKOed in most cases (Yveltal EX, Mewtwo EX, TP Kyurem, ...) -> requires good acceleration to be stream-able

-> DCE + Black Smith

(-> Milotic FF)

+ maybe an alternative Draw-Engine to enable Black Smiths each turn in the form of Delphox or Bicycle/Roller Skates

B) Electivire as main attacker in the first turns:

+ power up 1-2 Magmortar in the first few turns (with 7 energy on them Electivire deals 180 already)

+ then come "sweeping in" with Magmortars

5. Poliwrath & -whirl

+ Max potion

+ no Beach anymore -> PF Electrode for faster Setup?

6. Semi-competitive Stuff around M-Heracross EX:

with FF Dusknoir + Max Potions

with Aromatisse + Max Potions

7. Blaziken

+ OHKOs with Muslce Band/Silver Bangle to the acvite

+ requires Blacksmith DCE

+ too hard to setup imo (Stage 2 + 4 Energy + only possible OHKOs on the active + discarding 2)

8. Promo (?) Pangoro (just because i like the idea of having a 230 Stage 1 non EX Pokemon :D )

Pangoro - Fighting - HP100

Stage 1 - Evolves from Pancham

Ability: Skin of the Leader

While this Pokemon is your Active Pokemon, its maximum HP is increased by 20 for each of your Benched Pokemon.

[******** Crazy Knuckle: 80+ damage. If this Pokemon is affected by a Special Condition, this attack does 40 more damage.

Weakness: Psychic (x2)

Resistance: none

Retreat: 3

I like Auroras and Jynx, too, but i fear they only make for some fun decks. I might be wrong tho. No one can predict whats going to happen in the upcoming format.

no, no, no..........The Magmortar/Electivire deck will be a deck that will K.O everything in its way, will defs be the best deck to use ! :)

Seismitoad ex will definitely make landorus ex less playable. Mewtwo ex is going to b so strong and the best counter is itself. Besides..most deck like lucario ex, mewtwo ex, seismitoad ex works so well with max potion.guess v need a promo max potion soon =\

Why would we need a promo Max Potion? It was reprinted in Plasma Freeze, so it isn't rotating out anytime soon.

I would imagine that Mewtwo would rise in popularity due to the fact the Lucario's weakness is psychic, and Mewtwo functions so similarly to Yveltal that he would be great to throw into Darkrai Yveltal Garbodor simply to counter Lucario/Raichus who want to try and counter Yveltal decks.

no, no, no..........The Magmortar/Electivire deck will be a deck that will K.O everything in its way, will defs be the best deck to use ! :)

It certainly has potential but I'm pretty sure the deck will be suspect to laser quite easily and I wouldn't be suprised if it still loses to VirGen decks too.

But then again VirGen will probably see more play as decks like RayBoar/Delphox are out , so maybe running lasers is not so wise without Garbardor.

Also just like raichu, landorus and lucario ex will give trouble to decks running pokemon with fighting weakness, and I really need to stress how good is lucario's EX second attack. Its 60 damage and it can reach 100 damage quite easily with many combos of Strong Energy/Stadium/Muscle Band/Laser. And its effect of drawing 6 cards is just OP and burning up your hand and playing supporters like lysandre/korinna over juniper etc becomes worth it.

I would imagine that Mewtwo would rise in popularity due to the fact the Lucario's weakness is psychic, and Mewtwo functions so similarly to Yveltal that he would be great to throw into Darkrai Yveltal Garbodor simply to counter Lucario/Raichus who want to try and counter Yveltal decks.

I was just going to add Deoxys EX is also super good and deals more for less but just realized prism energy is also rotating out. It'll have to be added to specific decks with plasma energy to be any good. Sigh! Darn Mewtwo...

It certainly has potential but I'm pretty sure the deck will be suspect to laser quite easily and I wouldn't be suprised if it still loses to VirGen decks too.

But then again VirGen will probably see more play as decks like RayBoar/Delphox are out , so maybe running lasers is not so wise without Garbardor.

Also just like raichu, landorus and lucario ex will give trouble to decks running pokemon with fighting weakness, and I really need to stress how good is lucario's EX second attack. Its 60 damage and it can reach 100 damage quite easily with many combos of Strong Energy/Stadium/Muscle Band/Laser. And its effect of drawing 6 cards is just OP and burning up your hand and playing supporters like lysandre/korinna over juniper etc becomes worth it.

I was just going to add Deoxys EX is also super good and deals more for less but just realized prism energy is also rotating out. It'll have to be added to specific decks with plasma energy to be any good. Sigh! Darn Mewtwo...

there is always rainbow to use instead of prism

btw i myself am not to worried about the seismitoad/garbodor combo it doesnt deal that much damage and that bird can discard all items for one energy (chatot i think its called)

I know its not very feasible but if you could work blaziken and emboar and made a few reshi ex into a deck. Could do some serious damage. Just depends on set up time which would probably take way too long seeing as you'd need 2 stage 2 mon. if you could mass stall though?

Guest ArtichokeCat
More feasible though, adding a greninja to Garbodor/Seismitoad ex

But ability's are negated...

Archived