Hey I got a question is there a game mode like the normal games?

Adventurer18

So I have completely finished the trainer challenge and have been wonderin whats next? well i got 2 thinkin hey is there a normal nintendo game mode in here? Basically battle 8 gym leaders and then go and battle the elite 4/champion?

There isn't currently but I'm hoping one day Pokemon/Nintendo will throw some funding behind this project because its been in beta now for a few years and to be honest I'm not overly impressed with how shallow this game is in terms of game play depth. Like you say when you've done the trainer challenges there really isn't much to keep anyone playing unless your happy working towards a non existent ranking level (feel free to correct me if I'm missing my rank but even if there is it isn't highlighted enough) . I know there is a lot of people like myself that log in when there is a tourney beta going on but, I live in the UK so the times for the beta are usually massively in the favour of North American folk. All in all this game won't be a mainstream success unless Nintendo really get behind it but they won't because it would hurt their sales of physical packs. To be successful you need a model like Hearthstone.. i.e. a mobile app and this could pull in thousands through micro transactions.

PS I'm sorry this turned in to a rant at Nintendo on your post, my bad.

There may not be a direct follow-up to the Trainer Challenge within the game, but there is a community-run version of a challenge with the format you mentioned. It seems pretty interesting, so if you are willing to try it, you can check out the PvP Discussion forum's thread called "The Trading Card League: Battle Frontier." It looks really challenging, but that probably is a benefit if you are looking to improve your Pokemon skills. I hope that this helps!

Most TCG(card games) are meant to be played against other humans, so that's probably why they have not focused more on the single player mode.

I hope they do add more single player challenges down the road, but for now you should be focusing no building decks to battle other human players and enter tournaments as well as that has big prizes to it(you can easily win over 20 packs on tournament days in a couple hours).

Archived