Would this deck work?

MaSkullzOnFire

I would just like to clarify that this is a deck that I have just thought of, I haven't created it yet because I lack some of the cards required. Anyways, I was trading with a friend of mine today and I received a Blissey with the ability Softboiled and after looking at the ability I thought "would this work in a Keldeo deck?".

Not the most original idea I'm aware, however, if you have 2 Blissey's on the field, and 2 Keldeo EX cards, and a Pokémon Center card in play, in theory you could heal 80 damage on your active Keldeo by switching it with the other Keldeo and then bringing it back into play by using it's ability.

I just wanted to see whether anyone could see any flaws in this deck before I start to make it.

Plasma Snorlax! Mwahahaha!

Even with Plasma Snorlax on the field there is still a chance to heal at least 60 damage. And wouldn't Keldeo's ability override Snorlax's?

Yeah, but then Keldeo's stuck.

Have another Keldeo on the field and attach a Float Stone to one of them and you're free to switch back and forth.

double rush ins will bypass the snorlax. you are thinking of a single keldeo rushing in and retreating. its a good idea, the only issue being grass pokemon that can hit for 90 dmg or more

Have another Keldeo on the field and attach a Float Stone to one of them and you're free to switch back and forth.

Yeah, at least two Keldeo can switch each other around, but that's pretty much all you can do against Snorlax if you don't have something like Switch or Lysandre. (And for the record, Float Stone does literally nothing against Snorlax.)

Yeah, at least two Keldeo can switch each other around, but that's pretty much all you can do against Snorlax if you don't have something like Switch or Lysandre. (And for the record, Float Stone does literally nothing against Snorlax.)

I know Float Stone does nothing against Snorlax, which is where the Ultra Ball's and Energy Retrievals I have planned come into play.

Guest ArtichokeCat
double rush ins will bypass the snorlax. you are thinking of a single keldeo rushing in and retreating. its a good idea, the only issue being grass pokemon that can hit for 90 dmg or more

Plasma Leafeon anyone? :P

Plasma Snorlax! Mwahahaha!
Plasma Leafeon anyone? :P

That's like saying "Charizard (or any other fire type) anyone?" when someone comments that he/she will use grass type. Everything has a counter and it's pointless to bring out something that quite obscure and chances of running into it are quite low. Not to mention it's not the end of the world if that ever happens, Leafeon is OHKO pokemon and Snorlax is just a punching bag.

Guest ArtichokeCat

yup. there's a counter for everything. if there wasn't, the format would be totally unbalanced.

I think that the biggest risk alone is the coin flip. I mean, if you're up against another EX like Darkrai or Mewtwo, its just a matter of who attacks first. Especially if you a) flip tails and B) your opponent plays Lysandre, Catcher, etc. I know that Keldeo is nice b/c he can just switch out with another, but still, the coin flip is bugging me. Also, Yveltal EX doesn't like to play nice. An Yveltal EX against a fully powered up Keldeo with just 2 energy and a muscle band on the Yveltal plus Laserbank = OHKO. So, yes I like your deck. It seems really fun! However, I don't like the coin flips and I really don't like Yveltal EX. Also, another option is to run Max Milk Miltank. Just discard two energy off of Miltank, rush in with a healed Keldeo next turn and (I hope you run Blastoise) drop on two more energy onto the Miltank! Well, just my two cents. Good luck and God bless!

Well, I was more thinking scratch the Blissey and just run Miltank. I made it online and it's not that bad!

Archived