Groudon EX

Reshiram EX

Zekrom EX

Cresselia EX

Magnezone EX

Guest ArtichokeCat
bad ones:

Reshiram EX

Whoa, whoa, whoa. If you call Reshiram EX bad, that's like calling CB Charizard EX bad.

Reshiram-EX is bad because it's outclassed by Charizard-EX. CBlast's side-effect can be worked around with Keldeo-EX + Float Stone, but Brave Fire pretty much requires a Protection Cube when Reshiram would rather hold a Muscle Band.

Guest ArtichokeCat
Reshiram-EX is bad because it's outclassed by Charizard-EX. CBlast's side-effect can be worked around with Keldeo-EX + Float Stone, but Brave Fire pretty much requires a Protection Cube when Reshiram would rather hold a Muscle Band.

No, you're wrong. Have you seen my deck?

It uses Victini with Victory Star. Ooh, now I need to make a Ninetales version!

I already have a Raichu and a Pyroar version.

Even with Fliptini, that's still a 25% chance of hurting yourself for no good reason if you're not running Protection Cube. You're better off with CBzard.

Everyone has their own opinions on which EX cards are good and which ones are bad. You should try them and decide for yourself which ones you can work with and which ones you can't.

Here are some of the ones that I have had in my decks in the past which have worked well for me:

Articuno EX.

Heatran EX.

Deoxys EX.

Mewtwo EX.

Latias EX.

Toxicroak EX.

M-Charizard Y EX.

M-Blastoise EX.

M-Venusaur EX.

Reshiram EX.

Genesect EX.

Virizion EX.

Keldeo EX.

Skarmory EX.

Dialga EX.

I'd say my list of bad EXs pretty much covers all the bad ones already, most others have at least some situations where they would prove useful. The ones I've listed have very rarely been shown to be good.

In regards to Reshiram, yes its actually quite a lot like Charizard I agree, but I feel the power in the charizard decks often lie in the pyroars more than the EXs.

Even with Fliptini, that's still a 25% chance of hurting yourself for no good reason if you're not running Protection Cube. You're better off with CBzard.

Yes, but you absolutely need Keldeo-EX on bench with Float Stone that's very easily removed. 150 guaranteed damage that Reshiram provides each turn with a side effect is better than no damage if you get Kedeo disabled/not on bench.

Regarding the good EXs, I think Mew deserves a mention here. It's extremely underrated card, it pretty much emulates every Pokemon card on field and that's a huge thing knowing that most pokemon need 1 specific energy and rest colorless. Roll with some rainbow/prism energies and you got a full arsenal of the field at your disposal.

Archived