Ladder for ranked?

Dawtz

Any chance we could add a ladder for ranked play? It would make people play more and make it more fun as well, you can still keep non ranked queue, but just add a ladder for ranked play. I'm not sure if this has been suggested before if it has, is there a plan to implement a ladder? End of season rewards would be cool too but meh doesn't have to anything at first. I know personally for me a ladder makes me play more and get more into it.

I second that. Seeing your position on ladder can make things more interesting and people will definitely try more and play more. Right now, there is problem that a lot of people are not playing seriously, they just play for a little bit and then forfeit just so they can grab that prize off the prize wheel. A lot of people, I noticed, try to win in first few turns and when they see that the game may actually take more than few minutes they leave. It's no fun at all. With introduction of ladder people would take their battles more seriously and they could see their progress as they win or they could fall down the ladder if they keep forfeiting for the prize wheel spins.

Guest ArtichokeCat

I usually forfeit because I #misplayragequit within the first few minutes whether I get the prize wheel or not.

I usually forfeit because I #misplayragequit within the first few minutes whether I get the prize wheel or not.

I never understood that. Catching up with opponent that's few prizes ahead and getting victory at the end is best thing that can happen. Rage-quitting is also not really polite.

People that rage-quit are pretty much denying their opponents the satisfaction of properly achieving victory through final k.o.

Right now there's no real difference if you win or you lose, you get to spin the wheel either way, your ranking as far as anyone knows stays the same. Making rankings public would improve gameplay a lot.

One suggestion regarding ranking is that only top 100 (for exaple) number of people is shown so there's no 'shame' for the people that are at the bottom. Also everyone could be allowed to privately see their own ranking so they know where they stand and how much more they need to work to get on on the top 100 list.

Another thing, maybe make some form of sub-ranking for each deck separately. That ranking could be given after played let's say 50 games with a certain deck.

Hi Dawtz,

It's certainly an interesting idea. I'll forward it to the Dev team for consideration and leave your thread open for discussion in the meantime.

As always, we appreciate your input!

Archived