[Guide] Force reinstall - If Refresher cannot install (Win7)

Tzepesch

Allright. I've had some issues installing and updating the game, and I've found some workarounds making you able to force your installation to update.

This is a task for administrators, do not do this unless it's necessary!!!

To force your game to become up-to-date, use this method.

I've only done this on a Windows 7 Home machine, I cannot guarantee that it'll work on Vista/8.

Administrator rights are different on Win XP, so can imagine that this won't work.

1st: Login as an administrator on your computer.

2nd: Navigate to your installation. Tip: You can right click on a shortcut, choose properties and show folder

3rd: Erase all the files. Yes this is bad. That's why you don't do it unless necessary.

4th: Navigate to Pokémon TCGO and download a fresh installer. You have to save somewere, don't just click open.

5th: Run cmd.exe as an administrator. To do this, simply push your Windows key, type cmd, right-click on the .exe and select Run as Administrator.

6th: change directory to the path you downloaded the PokemonInstaller.msi.

Type in cd <path>

ie: cd C:\Users\{accountname}\Downloads

7th: Run msiexec through cmd.exe with administrative rights and the /a parameter. (Forces all files to be reinstalled) Command looks like this: msiexec /a PokemonInstaller.msi

8th: Install the game in the previous installed path.

Note that it might give you issues to install in your Windows programs folder. This method will allow it though, and with a clean install if you use /i instead of /a. But again, mind the issues. ;)

• 2 months later...

I still can't figure it out :s

This error I get at the msiexec /a PokemonInstaller.msi

part [Content removed - posting links to websites other than official Pokémon sites is not permitted. -Prof. Poplar]

I still can't figure it out :s

This error I get at the msiexec /a PokemonInstaller.msi

part [REMOVED]

Looks like you've missed some administrator rights.

It is very important that you run cmd.exe as an administrator; it is not enough, but required, that you log into an administrator account.

You need to right click on cmd.exe and choose "Run as an administrator".

Does this help you?

This was from the administration.

This is the only account on the computer with administration rights and I did all your steps aswell

[Content removed - posting links to websites other than official Pokémon sites is not permitted. -Prof. Poplar]

Hello trainers!

This is a reminder that posting links to websites other than official Pokémon sites is not permitted. This is in order to maintain the safety and privacy of all users and to prevent unofficial content from being posted on the forums. You can read more about this rule and others by clicking the Forum Rules link at the bottom of this page.

If you're experiencing an issue with the game which requires submitting links or images, please report this via the support portal where you can freely post these. To submit a ticket, simply click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question".

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

Archived