Reccomend me a deck that can use Magnezone EX effectively

toot1231

yea magneton/magnezone are my favorite pokemon can you give me an ideal starting point with using Magnezone ex in a useful way?

Because its second attack can hit any 2 of your opponent's pokemon you could run Dragalge and with Lysandre drag a bench sitter like Electrode or Jirachi EX and use Hypnotoxic Laser so they can't retreat, and then only hit the bench.

If you want to run DCE for its first attack, you could definitely run Mewtwo EX.

Hope that helps.

generally i dont find that magnezone very good ex. its rather expensive for a measly multiple attack. granted its dual bullet is useful, but its a very vulnerable card.

Personally, I think the best kind of support for M'zone is Aromatisse with Rainbow/Prism Energy to power up Dual Bullet, with M'zone taking the role of finishing off weakened 'mons on the bench.

However, even with that, Magnezone-EX is very clunky and underwhelming, generally not worth the effort.

Use double colorless energy 4x in deck with magnezone ex,,also run muscle bands,,if you manage to hit yveltal ex first time (because that is most used deck right now) your opponent will definitely retreat it,,so pair it with couple of lysandres or catchers to finish it...

another option for energy acceleration that's coming out in Furious Fists is Flygon. For one colorless energy, you can take as many basic energy from your hand and attach them to your pokemon any way you like.

another option for energy acceleration that's coming out in Furious Fists is Flygon. For one colorless energy, you can take as many basic energy from your hand and attach them to your pokemon any way you like.

really this sounds like the way to go.

ill have to look into this

and i know magnezone is clunky and underwhelming. but idc i wanna use one of my favorite pokemon.

• 2 weeks later...

you could also try a dusknoir but a lot of decks work better for it. also mybe consider elektrik, i'm not sure if it's still viable in play but it could help out a little if you don't want too many types in your deck

Yeah, Eelektrik is no longer standard (not sure if that matters to you). Also, btw, Milotic can't work on EXs. It stinks, but yeah. I like the idea of teching him into an Aromatisse deck to kinda counter Yveltal. A muscle banded Magnezone is doing 100 to Yveltal. That hurts. Those are my best ideas. Good luck and God bless!!

maybe dragalge with the about to be realeased victree bell and magnezone.

use victree bell to poison and confuse you opponent, dragalge to block retreating and magnezone to attack the bench (+ virbank maybe)

and then the new dragonite ex to jump in when magnezone is almost ko'ed

(im not sure if there would be enough room but yeah could be fun.

Archived