Darkrai and Mewtwo Full Art price out of hand !

Real-United

What's with the huge prices on the Mewtwo and Darkrai Full Art EX's. Seriously 40 packs for 1, you have a better chance of pulling 2 of them by opening 40 packs. These prices are just out of hand, unreliable and they keep rising !

Well it's their problem, top cut is selling the most valuable cards at such lower prices, N is 10 packs cheaper, mewtwo and darkrai are 6, tropical beach is 10 less, etc, if you buy a darkrai or mewtwo for 40 you're not doing proper market prospect,

Guys..pls calm down.try place offer for mew2 ex fa, darkrai ex fa and N fa in topcut following the conversion rate for flashfire packs in each trader. Then u will see the price more or less the same =)

Because of the huge tournament yesterday. I myself got 40+ free packs.

Why should the tournament infect the increase of prices, you get packs from the tournament just like you get packs from redeeming codes there isn't a difference, an increase because of that is nonsense.

For anything u think is overpriced at zafco, feel free to offer in topcut.both inc appear for us to choose rite? Cheer!! =)

Why should the tournament infect the increase of prices, you get packs from the tournament just like you get packs from redeeming codes there isn't a difference, an increase because of that is nonsense.

Most inc accept offer by buying from others and sell for little profit.imagine if u open 40 ff packs, u will not even get a mew2 ex fa instead.so the reality now is ff packs have gone behind like xy and lt..u can always change ur 40 ff to 40 NXD and try ur own luck, v don stop.me myself opened 400+pf and only a single ultra ball sr within :(

not here to argue who has a better price, prices at both of them are ridiculous, a card shouldn't cost 35 packs + A card shouldn't be priced over 30 packs, at least for ex's ! As i said you'd have a better chance pulling 2 darkrai's or mewtwo's from 40 packs then giving that much for 1.

Sorry real, mayb bcuz I always have bad pulls so I not confident 40 packs can get me those.also, it become kinda hard to get dark and nxd packs nowadays.Also fa and sr is not a must to build a strong deck.if u have extra, feel free to upgrade them. At the end of the day, I would say its our personal preference to choose to buy or not.u can always offer the price u think it is reasonable in public and u might get it rite? =)

But as a consumer, its logical where we always hope for cheaper. But the p1nk I know is not a greedy person, lets see what he will say later.for now, pls keep calm and make the game friendly bro :)

That's market inflation. It happens in the real world too. The more currency there is in the market, the less the currency is worth. Since packs are essentially currency in this game, creating 10 packs per tourney at the rate of a quadrillion tourneys per hour of testing is bound to cause inflation.

It's supply and demand.

The reason the prices went up with a massive pack giveaway is because packs became significantly more common, and therefore more available and less valuable. Since the supply of FA Darkrais/Mew2s stayed the same and the capacity of demand (the number of packs available from customers) went up, prices on those cards shift upwards so that they maintain their level of value for scarcity.

And it's not like you have to have the FAs to play your deck, you can get promo versions of both for about 1/10th of the price.

Guest ArtichokeCat

However, EX's like Virizion and Genesect EX have no Promos,

so the the cheapest versions are the reg arts,

which still cost quite a bit.

not here to argue who has a better price, prices at both of them are ridiculous, a card shouldn't cost 35 packs + A card shouldn't be priced over 30 packs, at least for ex's ! As i said you'd have a better chance pulling 2 darkrai's or mewtwo's from 40 packs then giving that much for 1.

Our prices reflect the actual market. We try to keep the prices as close to the market as possible, but because we are human and have lives outside of this game we cant update prices every hour. If people are offering 35+ packs to buy mewtwo FA we cant sell it for less or traders will buy from us to sell on public for immediate risk free profit.

What ZaftCo does great is that we always honour our listed prices. When market changes happen sometimes we have to sell cards for less then their current market value (this happens alot). We also give back to the community through giveaways, so far ZaftCo has donate/pledged 140 packs.

Top cut has a reverse FF rate applied. Meaning for FF they take it at 0.75 the value so if something is listed at 40, they would charge 50 (1.25*40 -> my mathematical concept could be wrong here).

For it it is important to use FF as the standard since that is what most ppl have. Premium cards are always gonna cost alot but there are several alternatives. For people who just want to get workable decks we have excellent deals for promo EXs, and non-fa/sr cards.

Real-United, certainly we are all entitled to our opinions and feelings. But I personally would not feel comfortable trading with you if you do not agree with what we are doing. You have indeed ordered alot of cards from us.

PS:

I plan to make a post about the reasons behind skyrocketing packs and how this is just part of a normal cycle.

Guest ArtichokeCat

PS:

I plan to make a post about the reasons behind skyrocketing packs and how this is just part of a normal cycle.

Yup, there's always a skyrocket in prices when a set ends and another one comes.

My first experience with this was @ the end of XY and the start of FF. It was WILD.

What I learned from other traders was just to sit back and save packs during that time until the market came back down.

But the Premium cards (and Genesect Ex and Virizion EX following closely behind)

never seem to come back down. They rise a lot and drop a bit. Or maybe just stay there.

I was saying the very same thing earlier, taking advantage of other's packs , doesn't matter if they are free or not! It is ripping people off in my opinion.

Our prices reflect the actual market. We try to keep the prices as close to the market as possible, but because we are human and have lives outside of this game we cant update prices every hour. If people are offering 35+ packs to buy mewtwo FA we cant sell it for less or traders will buy from us to sell on public for immediate risk free profit.

What ZaftCo does great is that we always honour our listed prices. When market changes happen sometimes we have to sell cards for less then their current market value (this happens alot). We also give back to the community through giveaways, so far ZaftCo has donate/pledged 140 packs.

Top cut has a reverse FF rate applied. Meaning for FF they take it at 0.75 the value so if something is listed at 40, they would charge 50 (1.25*40 -> my mathematical concept could be wrong here).

For it it is important to use FF as the standard since that is what most ppl have. Premium cards are always gonna cost alot but there are several alternatives. For people who just want to get workable decks we have excellent deals for promo EXs, and non-fa/sr cards.

Real-United, certainly we are all entitled to our opinions and feelings. But I personally would not feel comfortable trading with you if you do not agree with what we are doing. You have indeed ordered alot of cards from us.

PS:

P1nk i totally understand everything your saying, i'm not trying to offend anyone or say anything bad, i just think the darkrai and mewtwo's price is high, that's all, only an opinion, nothing else. I will still be buying from you guys, no matter the prices :)

Hey man if you really can open fewer than 40 packs get them and then trade them away for 40 you have a great opportunity to turn a profit. Seriously if you really have such valuable knowledge you should be using it to your advantage.

yeah he can try it out ......

i opened about 120 packs after the last tournaments, not one single fa (exept mew, meloetta lt), not even a lugia fa or something like that. so of course mewtwo and darkrai fa are about 30 packs each, they re very hard to get.

yeah he can try it out ......

i opened about 120 packs after the last tournaments, not one single fa (exept mew, meloetta lt), not even a lugia fa or something like that. so of course mewtwo and darkrai fa are about 30 packs each, they re very hard to get.

Depend on your luck. I opened 3 packs after the tourney and got 2 FA's(not Mew, Meloetta or Shaymin LOL). I've had only 3 FA's before, not counting those worthless ones. Luck is VERY variable.

It's stupid. mewtwo fa used to be like 17 trop beach used to be 36, all this price hype is just stupid. personally i think the companys who ad on the forum have been stocking up them for a while then suddenly raise the raise the price and blame the new set on inflation.

Those copycat is the 1 we shud blame for.look at landarus ex, after 1 guy won the national with mew2 ex landarus ex, their value boost up.its bcuz every1 want to copy their deck and thus demand increase.if ppl don have the copy habit, the price will be stabilise

Ppl always like to copy the same deck and say its their original idea and showing off with 85% win rate in the lobby.they shud at least use different pokemon to prove the originality of their idea. Those who made the deck after the Creator win are known as copies.Mew2 ex is logically expensive cuz he is playable in any deck with x ball..landarus ex is very random to me cuz I personally think he became famous overnight due to copies copies and copies. =)

do you know what i don't get, why isn't yveltal ex more expensive, it's practically the stronger version of mewtwo's ex-ball. hmm :confused:

Archived