Disconnection/Conceding

Droidette

Hi, I need some clarification about something I have heard mentioned around the forums here. the "Disconnection Timer". Is there supposed to be something in place that allows us to continue matches (we are already in the middle of) if we lose connection with the server? I'm asking because whenever I lose connection mid-way through a match I automatically concede and lose the game (I have confirmed this because it happened when I was playing a friend match and was able to ask what notifications they saw on their end- which was only an automatic concession message). In these instances I am usually logged back on in under the 15 seconds that would take to even trigger the inactive concession, so it seems that the Disconnection timer should still be in effect.

Hi Droidette,

The disconnection timer is a feature of Tournaments and re-connects the player to a tournament match if they've been temporarily disconnected. Versus Mode has a timer that ends the game if a player is idle for too long (but still connected to the game). This shows as a concession on the part of the idle player.

I hope this was helpful! :)

Archived