Level Ball's Rotation

Guest ArtichokeCat

Guest ArtichokeCat

I just noticed today that Level Ball with be rotating. Or is it?

It's one of the most basic cards in the format.

"Search your deck for a Pokémon with 90 HP or less, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward."

An essential card for evolution decks; it allows you to search out most of your basic Pokemon.

The last time this card was printed (that I know of) was Next Destinies.

Will it come back in Furious Fists?

If it doesn't:

What's going to replace it?

What does this mean for us players?

What's going to happen to the format?

I hope Level Ball comes back.

Or else it's probably going to be Call for Family and Evosodas for me.

Or maybe Pokemon Fan Club and Evosodas.

Evolution based decks are going to get harder to play...and slower.

(Pokemon Fan Club is a Supporter; Call for Family is an Attack)

People have said that Pokemon was moving towards a more Ex based format.

If Level Ball doesn't come back, then...

Pyroar or no Pyroar,

Safeguard or no Safeguard,

We'll probably be right in the middle of it

(Just my opinions)

But then again,

you would probably add more draw cards to help with that.

And the PTCG Modified World would be okay. Maybe.

given that furious fists is already out in Japan and there's no level ball I think we can only hope for it in phantom gate

as a veteran of the actual card game, I can't say pokemon has gotten too fast or complicated. The thing with level ball is that it would practically end the opportunity of having strong and fast evo decks to face off brilliantly against ex based decks, which in my opinion are actually not even fun to be playing with nor against (doesn't matter if you win or not)….so let's hope level ball returns within the next two sets...

Guest ArtichokeCat

Well Ultra Balls it is then!

I'm building Flygon-Dusknoir-Raticate and I have no idea how the deck functions without Level Ball

I hate to say it but Evosoda will be your best bet, there will be a new Format as well, so they really aren't dead. It just depends on what format you want to stick to I suppose.

What I am going to hate is that ALL of my decks that use Level Balls will be no longer legal for modified play on TCG online, but there is not an easy way to find all of those decks that have rotated cards... Unless I am missing something on how to identify them now??..

What I am going to hate is that ALL of my decks that use Level Balls will be no longer legal for modified play on TCG online, but there is not an easy way to find all of those decks that have rotated cards... Unless I am missing something on how to identify them now??..

There's a make standard option in the deck editor. That may help.

well, US expansions are almost always larger than Japanese ones and since there aren't too many cards out that we havent gotten, then it's possible that LB would be reprinted. As for stage 2's being dead, there's Korina, which lets you search your deck for any fighting type pokemon and any item card, adding them to your hand, so that should help bring the evolution up quickly.

plus when you highlight the deck, you'll see it marked with an x or a check under modified, unlimited, and theme accordingly, and as POKEWAT stated, you can choose "Make Standard" in the deck editor to remove all the "illegal" cards (though you may want to clone it first, so you can still work with it in Unlimited, or reverse what you did in case your edit doesn't work).

Archived