How do the pokemon codes work?

drizzlekidd

I don't really get it. If i buy like a tin in a store can I enter some kind of code and use some of the pokemon i got in the tin? If not, how DO you get codes to enter in the game?

Hey there!

Here's how it works: Pokémon TCG products such as booster packs, tins, and certain box sets will have a symbol on them indicating that they contain codes for the Pokémon TCG Online. If they don't have a symbol for it, they do not contain codes and you cannot use that product in the game. For booster packs, the code contained will grant you a virtual booster of the same expansion in the TCG Online game client, but NOT the same cards that you received in the physical product. It's like opening a whole new booster pack in-game! The same goes for any tin boosters that contain codes.

However there are also some codes that grant the specific product they came with. This will be indicated on the code card itself. For example, some codes grant the Pokémon card that is displayed on the front of a tin, like the tin-version of Xerneas-EX or Yveltal-EX.

Finally, you can earn tokens by playing the Pokémon TCG Online and redeem virtual boosters through the in-game shop!

Hope that helps! Feel free to ask any additional questions!

Archived