I have never had this card used against me, which I find odd.

MaSkullzOnFire

Latias EX.

One of the most underrated cards, in my opinion, and I have never had it used against me. Not only does it's ability prevent other cards with abilities from doing any damage to it (Sigilyph, Suicine, Genesect EX, Virizion EX, Pyroar, Darkrai EX, Keldeo EX, Blastoise, Empoleon, Serperior, Greninja, Delphox, and many others) but combine Muscle Band with its Barrier Break attack and it does a whopping 90 damage and can't be stopped by anything (nothing I have come across at least). And it has only one * retreat cost so if you have the Stadium card which allows you retreat Pokémon with one * less you can swap it for anything without having to lose 1 energy card.I'm just wondering why Latias EX isn't used in more decks.

Guest ArtichokeCat

Death by Druddigon!

But yeah, it's pretty good. It's just that it can be out sped and avoided by other cards. Like every deck has a card that will go through Latias EX, though LatiLock is slightly better with the introduction of Pyroar.

EDIT: I've heard that Espeon DEX can stop it. I'm not sure though.

This is what DEX Espeon looks like:

Espeon

HP 90 (P)

Ability: Solar Revelation

Prevent all effects of your opponent's attacks, except damage, done to each of your Pokémon that has any Energy attached to it.

(P)©© Psy Report 60

Your opponent reveals his or her hand.

Weakness: (P) x2

Resistence:

Retreat Cost: ©

Aside from maybe a 2-hit KO with a Muscle Band, I don't really see how this stops Latias-EX at all.

Guest ArtichokeCat

It said that Solar Revelation would prevent the effects of Barrier Break so Sigilyph would survive and go back to taking 0 damage.

IDK if it works or not though

Pretty sure Barrier Break's "prevent all effects" effect overrides Solar Revelation, but I can see how that would be confusing.

It takes 2 random energy and + 1 more to attack,,one of the reasons it's not used so much, also it doesn't do any huge damage,,,70 damage is too low,,latias is just there to stall the game, but i see it best to work with embor if you plan to attack with it...

It said that Solar Revelation would prevent the effects of Barrier Break so Sigilyph would survive and go back to taking 0 damage.

IDK if it works or not though

Solar Revelation prevents all effects of attacks, except damage. So, for example, paralysis, being poisoned, burned, etc. Seeing as Barrier Break is just nothing but pure good ol' damage, it bypasses that ability.

I'd stick to my Coballion ex for overriding those effects, much more effective by chipping away special energy or doing a whopping 100 without any tools needed and against every possible poke ability powered opponent

I actually really like Rayquaza with Shred, I mean I'm running it in a Fairy Deck though, it's better than sacrificing an EX Imo. But everyone has their own strategies, I suppose it comes down to that.

Latias EX is is Pyroars' bane. My friend against whom I play almost every day has 4 Pyroars in deck and it was a huge problem to go around them, but then I got Latias EX and when I get it into play it's prtetty much immortal.

Archived