"You Have Lost Connection with the Server"?

MaSkullzOnFire

I'm going to file this under [Game Crash] because that what it technically is.

I'm currently trying to log in as I have unfinished business on TCGO and yet whenever I enter my password and after the "Authenticating" message has disappeared I get the "You have lost connection with the server" when I don't see how this is possible seeing as I was on the server not 15 minutes ago. 3 times in a row this has happened to me now and, yes, I have checked and my internet is working fine throughout the household.

A swift reply with some suggestions would be most welcome.

Hello trainer!

Are you still experiencing this? It sounds like it may have been a temporary server issue, and you should be able to log in again.

I'm having this same problem and have been for two days. It started last night at about 10pm pacific for me, right as I was about to win a game I got booted and haven't been able to log back in since.

I now also am experiencing this... rather annoying... it doesnt matter how often i log in after a few mins/secs i get disconected :S

Hello trainer!

Are you still experiencing this? It sounds like it may have been a temporary server issue, and you should be able to log in again.

I am managing to log in again but every time I conduct a trade I get logged out again with the same message popping up.

The hosting services for the game client's servers have been experiencing network-wide connection issues for the last few days. We're working with our rep to determine options for improving stability.

Hey! i cant log in since 12 days :( ...and nothing works.

Everytime i try to log in the same message '' the connection with the server has been lost'' .......i sent 3 tickets in 12 days but nobody can help me.

:(:(:(

Desde a última atualização, quando entro no jogo, ele passa 2 segundos aberto e depois fecha mostrando a mensagem: "a conexão com o servidor foi perdida". Por favor, alguém pode me ajudar a resolver esse problema???

No official updates at this time; however, here are some things that you may wish to try in the meantime:

Connection & Server Related Error Messages

1. Check Your Firewall

-Ensure that your Firewall (this includes Windows Firewall which is included with Windows) has exceptions for TCGO. This includes:

Pokemon Trading Card Game Online.exe

Refresher.exe

**After Game Update**

REMOVE & RE-ADD as the file dates and sizes change and your firewall may block them again.

2. Check Router Settings

If you use a router and you start experiencing issues you may need to configure the outbound ports to allow the game to connect correctly. The following ports need outbound forwarding:

-5222 (Chat)

If you use a router that is separate from your modem, you can try bypassing the router and connecting your computer directly to your modem. If your modem is also your router, then you may have to check the ports by connecting to your modem.

If you do not know how to open ports for your router or modem, please use your favourite search engine to look for "Name of Modem / Router port forwarding".

3. Remove Conflicts

-Shut down unnecessary 3rd party software.

-We do not recommend that you turn off firewall or anti-virus software; however, please note that Avast Anti-Virus Software has been known to interfere with Unity, which is the engine that TCGO is run on.

-Applications known to cause connection issues with some games include VOIP software like SKYPE, Download Accelerators, and P2P Software such as Torrent downloading utilities.

4. Clean Out The Crud

Remove every trace of TCGO from your computer. Download the latest build from the website and do a fresh install. After you uninstall, ensure that all files are gone:

1. Go to the Programs and Features section your computer's Control Panel. Select the game and uninstall it.
  2. Go to the directory where the game was installed. The default directory is C:\Users\[your user name]\AppData.
  3. The game stores files in the LocalLow and Roaming folders. Go into the LocalLow folder and delete the "The Pok_mon Company International" folder. Go into the Roaming folder and delete the "Pokemon Trading Card Game Online" folder.
  4. Empty your Recycle Bin.

-Unplug your modem (and router if you use one) for 1 minute. Plug in modem, then router and reboot your PC.

-If you are using a WiFi connection, try plugging in to your modem with a cable instead.

-Flush your DNS cache to get rid of outdated data that can cause connection problems. Here are instructions for Windows 7:

1. Hold down the Windows key and press R. (This will open the Run dialogue.)
  2. Type cmd and press Enter. (This will open a command prompt.)
  3. Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter.
  4. Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter.
  5. Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
  6. Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
  7. Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
  8. Reboot the computer.

[***. Try A Clean Boot[/b]

Use your favourite search engine to look up how to do a "Clean Boot" of your system. By doing a clean boot you will be able to determine if a specific piece of software is preventing game connection. A clean boot will temporarily turn off non-essential programs and services that start up when you boot your computer.

If the game runs and connects as normal, then there is something running that is conflicting with your connection.

Miscellaneous Tips

-Check the time and date on your computer, ensure that they are set correctly.

-Install the latest updates for your OS and run the TCGO Refresher, which can be found in your Pokémon TCGO folder.

-Check your computer for viruses and malware

-Make sure your computer has the minimum amount of RAM required to run TCGO.

-Make sure that you have the newest audio and video drivers for your hardware.

-Try 'Run as Administrator' with Pokémon Trading Card Game Online.exe, right click on the file to select the option.

Check your pokemon.com account profile -- ensure that all necessary information has been entered and that your screen name has been accepted by the system. Check your Social Preferences. Save at the end, even if you did not change anything.

Please do not use any special characters in your username or password, only use letters and numbers. Ensure that your password only contains numbers and letters as well. Do not use punctuation or symbols such as +, -, _ or spaces.

Cannot Uninstall TCGO (Windows)

''Error 1606. Could Not Access Network Location''

The solution is simple to find via your preferred search engine. However, the fix involves editing your registry. Because Microsoft advises that you use the editor at your own risk, I can't provide you with any further assistance regarding this particular fix.

WARNING: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall Windows. Microsoft cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.

Contacting Customer Support

Why should I contact Customer Support? Support can provide you with individualized assistance; based on your system and your specific error. For Windows, include a dxdiag. For Mac, include a system snapshot.

To send a dxdiag file follow the steps below:

• On your Windows task bar, click Start.
  • Select and press "Run" (if you do not see "Run", hold down the "Windows" button on your keyboard and press "R"). A "Run" window should pop up.
  • In the "Run" window, type "dxdiag" and click "OK". A "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" window should pop up.
  • In the appeared window choose "Save all information".

To send a snapshot, follow these steps:

1. Go to Applications > Utilities > System Profiler/Information
  2. When the application has finished compiling the data, click File and then Save/Save As...
  3. Save the file to your desktop as a .txt or .xml file

Yep, me too.

Done it when redeeming codes, and in the middle of a playtest game.

I recently un-installed & re-installed & everything.

from what I've seen on their site, apparently they have a scheduled maintenance on the system tomorrow from 9am to 6pm. Hopefully after that we'll have better connection stability.

Archived