The PTCGO Summer Championship: Invitation/Qualification

matthew69

The PTCGO Summer Championship: Invitational Event:

Ladies and Gentleman of PTCGO, I would like to take this short time to provide a brief introduction of who I am. My name is Matthew, and I have been involved with PTCGO almost from the start (a little over three years now), and over that time I have gained a lot of experience battling, trading and chatting, making friends with a wide array of people within our community.

For those who have been involved in the game for a long time, you may know that I have held a variety of different tournaments and events over the last few years. From my Elite 4 Championship and Gym Challenge (alongside Alex Manectric originally, and still going strong today under the watchful eye of FreeSpirit87) to other tournaments such as my new 'Team Championship Season' and a variety of discussion and giveaway threads.

This Summer I hope to again be launching another exciting and engaging tournament for many of the games best and most experienced players!

As it states in the title, however, I am sorry to inform you that this event is actually going to be invitational only, following on from the format of previous tournaments such as the successful 'PTCGO Fall Championship 2013.' Several tournaments in the past have had problems with reliability with newer players signing up and then not actually joining, particularly a problem with larger tournaments like this one.

If you are a newer player and still want to involve yourself in the exciting experience of battling and tournaments then I would strongly recommend heading over to the 'Battle Frontier' with a variety of different battle modes to choose from including a new Beginner mode for Pokemon with 100 HP or under only!

Having said that if you aren't on the invitation list but you feel like you are a good player with a competitive modified deck, we will be holding another qualification tournament coming up in just a week's time! The top four finishers at the tournament will be given automatic qualification to the PTCGO Summer Championship tournament and be in with a chance to get some big prizes and take the glory!

I hope that this introduction has provided you with a brief introduction as to who I am, what the tournament is about, and how you can qualify for it. In the rest of the thread I will break down all of the rules and regulations in much more detail, but if you still have any questions feel free to contact me via PM in the game or by posting here on the Forum thread. Thank you, and Good Luck! :).

-Matthew

Hall of Fame:

PTCGO Fall Championship:

PTCGO's Fall 2013 Champion: Matthew69 W/Virizion EX/Genesect EX/Drifblim

PTCGO's Fall 2013 Runner-Up: 20Tornadus03 W/Blastoise/Keldeo EX/Black Kyurem EX

PTCGO's Fall 2013 3rd Place: Yakinta W/Virizion EX/Genesect EX

PTCGO's Fall 2013 4th Place: Topdeck W/Darkrai EX/Hydreigon

Previous Championship Tournaments:

1. CuttingEdge007 W/Big Basics- Alex Manectric W/Beartic/Umbreon

2. Jynxedorange W/Darkrai EX/Sableye- RoyalDuke W/Darkrai EX/Hydreigon

3. Yakinta W/Rayquaza EX/Eelektrik- Jynxedorange W/Darkrai EX/Sableye

Rules and Regulations:

This tournament will make up the ultimate showdown between many of PTCGO's best players, and also those who have just generally spent a lot of time and contributed to the community. Please don't be offended if you aren't on the list, I will be asking a few friends and well known members of the community for nominations to join the list as well as several of my own choices, remember if you aren't on the list there will be a qualification tournament to sign up to.

The number of players we are hoping to have is about 32 players, however this will largely depend on the number of entrants we get to the qualification tournament and the number of invitations that are handed out.

For the rules and regulations I am going to split this section up to make it easier to follow and understand. There will be two sections breaking down the rules exclusive to either the qualification tournament or the actual event. There will also be a list of general rules and regulations regarding to conduct within this thread and in the actual tournament which should always be adhered to.

As stated through-out if you have any questions try to contact me or Freespirit87 my co-host ASAP before you have started your game, and we will try and help in any way you can :). If you can't get ahold of us just leave a message on the Forum and I will try and answer you.

Qualification Tournament:

>This tournament will be held as a Straight Knock-out tournament with best-of-three matches. As such as soon as you lose two games in a single match you are out of the tournament.

>If you don't show up for your match and don't post on the forums but your opponent does then you will lose the game and the win will be given to your opponent. If neither show up within the time you will both be disqualified.

>Due to this just being a qualification tournament I am hoping to make it as efficiently run as possible. That means a new round every three days if possible, as such if you are off for a few days you will most likely be knocked out of the tournament.

>The format for both this tournament and the main tournament will be Standard, Modified format ONLY, using cards from BCR-Onwards. There are no banned cards from these events assuming they are no associated with any game-breaking bugs that could offer you an advantage over your opponent.

>You are allowed to change decks in between rounds, but not in between single games within each best-of-three match.

>Anyone assumed to be cheating by bribing opponents to scoop to them, threatening them, trying to illegally stall out matches or using any violent or threatening language will immediately be banned from this tournament and any other events that I am running.

The Summer Championship: Main Event:

>This tournament will be in a best-of-three Swiss format, with the top eight players in the standings with the highest match-point scores qualifying for the Top Cut. Only within the Top Cut will matches become straight knock-out games in order to determine the overall winner.

>The number of rounds in the Swiss event will depend on the number of players who have been invited to/qualified for the event.

>As stated earlier all matches in both events will be in a best-of-three format. The only exception to this rule is that the final game of the Summer Championship will be held in a special best-of-five format.

>The format for both the qualification and main event will be Standard, Modified format ONLY, using cards from BCR-Onwards. There are no banned cards from these events assuming they are no associated with any game-breaking bugs that could offer you an advantage over your opponent.

>Similar to the format of the older PTCGO Fall Championship players have to select their two decks to play with after each time they use them during a match and report the decks used after each match onto the Forums. After you have used two different decks you will be unable to switch to use any other deck and will only be allowed to choose between those two.

>As we enter into the Top Cut the players who have managed to qualify will have to select one of your chosen decks, and provide a card-by-card decklist of that deck onto the Forum page. This exact deck-list will be the one which you will have to use for the whole of the Top Cut.

>Any other rules stated in the initial section (unless they contradict any of the rules given in the information about this event above), and standard rules of the PTCGO game and website must be followed at all times.

How Swiss Formats Work:

>In the first round Players are paired randomly for the first round of play. Players receive 1 Match Point for winning or 0 Match Points for losing, and you will gain an overall match record of either 1-0 or 0-1 and also a game score for the number of games won/lost (which will be listed in brackets next to the match score).

> For the second round all players in the 1-0 bracket (1 Win, 0 Losses) are randomly paired against each other and players in the 0-1 bracket (0 Wins, 1 Loss) are paired in the same manner, if there are an unequal number of players due to byes then players can be paired up or paired down to someone of a different score.

>If there are an odd number of players in the 0-X bracket then the lowest ranked player at that point (or a randomly selected player for the first round) will receive a Bye, which means a free 2-0 games win.

>At the end of the Swiss the players with highest match records will be entered into a Top Cut of eight players. Should several players finish with an equal game record, their standing will be decided in accordance to their game records (their win/loss game ratio)

Prizes:

There will be a large prize pool for the winner, and also a smaller selection for second place down to fourth place in the main event tournament. Prizes will be mainly consisting of a selection of Booster Packs, but also probably some rare cards such as EX's and Holo Rare's.

Prizes will hopefully announced in the near future, and will vary dependant on donations by our sponsors. Should you wish to donate any prizes it would be greatly appreciated and I can guarantee they will be given out in the tournament as prizes or they will be refunded.

It isn't however necessary to donate prizes if you don't want to, so don't feel pressured into doing so, although it would be great if you could :).

Invitation List:

Matthew69

20Tornadus03

Alexmanetric

Aoi_mitsuhide

Beartictastic

Birthingenvy

Buenas30

Calvin-Cool

Cherryllia

C_huynh1712

CheefSweetLeef

Chaosgow

Ciri_car

Cutie_Pokes

Cuttingedge007

Cymantex

Dalek2011

DesDaddy

ESCgoat

Freespirit87

Goofy_Ninja

Grizzlych

Gsingh

ImCamron

ImMrFlubaDub

Jigs516

Jynxedorange

Kfisherman

Letsgomets123

LouisValentine

Mefftu

Moin12345

Murray28

Nakuza

Neochamp25

Nevol13

P1nkavenger

Pkmnkingnik

Pokeblammo

Rolfeddyboy

RoyalDuke

Sbyoungmoney

Shogun_Warrior

Seeker33

Shecky88

Supernova51d

SonithCob

Ultimakey

TopDeck

War_Greymon

Wronglai

Yakinta

zbtguest

Zebrush

Zora50

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pairings:

Round 1:

Apple57485 0-1 (0-2) Versus LordColress 1-0 (2-0)

Matthew69 1-0 (2-0) Versus Cherryllia 0-1 (0-2)

Freespirit87 0-2 (0-2) Versus Azimuthal_ 1-0 (2-0)

LetsGoMets 123 Versus Gsingh (STILL TO COMPLETE)

Supernova51D 1-0 (2-0) Versus RoyalDuke (DROP)

Immrflubadub 1-0 (2-0) Versus Ace4 0-1 (0-2)

9Miicro 1-0 (2-0) Versus Tanmaythegreat (DROP)

Seeker33 0-1 (1-2) Versus Grizzlych 1-0 (2-1)

RolfEddyBoy 1-0 (2-1) Versus Ultimakey 0-1 (1-2)

Ciri_Car 1-0 (2-0) Versus Sonithcob (DROP)

DesDaddy 0-1 (0-2) Versus Poliswagger 1-0 (2-0)

Dalek2011 1-0 (2-0) Versus Aldhebarant (DROP)

Round 2:

Matthew69 2-0 (4-0) Versus Ciri_Car 1-1 (2-2)

Azimuthal_ 2-0 (4-0) Versus PoliSwagger (DROP)

LordColress 1-1 (3-2) Versus Dalek2011 2-0 (4-1)

9Miicro 1-1 (3-2) Versus Letsgomets123 1-0 (2-1)

Grizzlych 2-0 (4-2) Versus RolfEddyBoy 1-1 (3-3)

Supernova51D 2-0 (4-1) Versus Ace4 (DROP?)

Ultimakey Versus ImmrFlubadub (STILL TO COMPLETE)

Seeker33 1-1 (3-3) Versus DesDaddy 0-2 (1-4)

Apple57485 1-1 (2-2) Versus Freespirit87 0-2 (0-4)

Gsingh 1-0 (2-0) Versus Cherryllia 0-2 (0-4)

Round 3:

Matthew69 2-1 (4-2) Versus Grizzlych 3-0 (6-2)

Dalek2011 Versus Azimuthal_ (STILL TO COMPLETE)

Apple57485 1-2 (2-4) Versus Ciri_Car 2-1 (4-2)

9Miicro Versus ImMrFlubadub (STILL TO COMPLETE)

RolfEddyBoy 2-1 (5-3) Versus Supernova51D 2-1 (4-3)

LetsGoMets123 Versus Seeker33 (STILL TO COMPLETE)

Ultimakey Versus LordColress (STILL TO COMPLETE)

DesDaddy Versus Gsingh (STILL TO COMPLETE)

Freesprit87 1-2 (2-4) Versus Ace4 (DROP?)

BYE: Cherryllia 1-2 (2-4)

Table:

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 500, align: left]

Name:

Deck 1:

Deck 2:

Match Record (Game Record)

Grizzlych

Garbodor DRX/Landorus EX/Lucario EX/Mewtwo EX/Landorus FUF

Thundurus EX/Deoxys EX/Lugia EX/M Kangaskhan EX/Kyurem PLF/Virizion EX

3-0 (6-2)

RolfEddyBoy

Garbodor DRX/Seismitoad EX/Mewtwo EX/Reshiram NXD/Victini EX

Empoleon DEX/Dusknoir BCR/Miltank FLF/Mr.Mime PL/Exeggcute PL

2-1 (5-3)

Ciri_Car

Garbodor DRX/Landorus EX/Lucario EX/Mewtwo EX

Virizion EX/Genesect EX/Mewtwo EX/Beartic FUF/Mr.Mime PL

2-1 (4-2)

Matthew69

Garbodor DRX/Landorus EX/Lucario EX/Mewtwo EX/Seismitoad EX/Landorus FUF

Kyurem PLF/Thundurus EX/Deoxys EX/Genesect EX/Keldeo EX

2-1 (4-2)

Azimuthal_

Garbodor DRX/Landorus EX/Lucario EX/Virizion EX/Seismitoad EX/Mewtwo EX/Cobalion EX

[/TD]

2-0 (4-0)

Dalek2011

Garbodor DRX/Landorus EX/Lucario EX/Hawlucha FUF

2-0 (4-1)

LordColress

Virizion EX/Dragonite EX/Beartic FUF

1-1 (3-2)

Seeker33

Virizion EX/Genesect EX/Raichu XY

Yvletal EX/Darkrai EX/Yveltal XY/Jirachi EX/Absol PF/Mewtwo EX

1-1 (3-3)

Supernova51D

Aromatisse XY/Xerneas EX/Virizion EX/Keldeo EX/Mewtwo EX/Cobalion EX/Leafeon PF/Sylveon XY/Mr.Mime PL

Thundurus EX/Deoxys EX/Lugia EX/Leafeon PL/Glaceon PL

1-1 (2-3)

Apple57485

Garbodor DRX/Seismitoad EX/Mewtwo EX/Dedenne FUF/Reshiram NXD

M Heracross EX/Virizion EX/Jynx FUF/Kyurem EX PLB

1-2 (2-4)

9Miicro

Virizion EX/Genesect EX/Jirachi EX/Beartic FUF/Mr.Mime PL

Kyurem PLF/Thundurus EX/Deoxys EX/Lugia EX/Keldeo EX

1-1 (3-2)

Gsingh

1-0 (2-0)

ImMrFlubadub

Kyurem PLF/Deoxys EX/Thundurus EX/Lugia EX‏

1-0 (2-0)

LetsGoMets123

-

-

1-0 (2-1)

Ultimakey

Cherrim PLS/Heracross-EX/M Heracross-EX/Virizion-EX/Jynx FUF/Mr.Mime PL

0-1 (1-2)

Ace4

Virizion EX/Genesect EX/Beartic FUF

0-1 (0-2)

DesDaddy

Virizion EX/Genesect EX/Beartic FUF/Mewtwo EX/Jirachi EX/Mr. Mime PL

Aromatisse XY/Xerneas XY/Xerneas EX/Mega Kangashan EX/Suicune PLB/Mewtwo EX/Keldeo EX

0-2 (1-4)

Cherryllia

Raticate BCR/Diggersby XY/Sylveon FUF/Florges FLF/Aromatisse XY/ Slurpuff XY/Xerneas XY/Xerneas-EX/Dedenne FUF/Dusknoir FLF/Mewtwo-EX

0-2 (0-4)

Freespirt87

Machamp FUF/Lucario EX/Mewtwo EX/Darkrai EX/Landorus FUF‏

0-2 (0-4)

PoliSwagger (Dropped)

Virizion EX/Genesect EX/Beartic FUF/Shaymin EX

[TD]1-1 (2-2)

[/color]

[/TABLE]

thanks for invite matt, i'm in, :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

when do we post our 2 decks?

hey matt, thanks for the invite.

I'll partake :)

have you got any idea when this will commence though? pre or post furious fists release?

Okay everyone :). There are a few brief messages to make first. The invitation list is subject to change from time to time, people won't be removed from it (unless there is a serious reason as to why they should be) but I will be adding people who I have missed out from the original list that I regularly see playing in the game, and/or contributing to community threads.

>If you would like to play then please do post here that you would like to play and I will most likely add you to the qualification tournaments. Don't be offended if you aren't added to the invitation list, as it simply means that I haven't seen you regularly participating in other Forum events etc. so need you to prove yourself first :P.

>I won't be taking direct requests to be added to the invitation list, so please don't ask to be on there :). If I have seen you around and know that you are a committed player then I will add you to the invitation list(as I have done with W0nk4 and Cherryllia as although they weren't on the original list I have seen them participating in other Forum/game activities on a relatively regular basis).

>If you would like to play in the qualification tournament then please Post below:

"I want to play in the qualification tournament!" or something similar to that, and I will add you to the Player List. If you have already received an invitation this will not be necessary.

Thank you for your time and I hope you understand, if you have any further questions feel free to ask me :).

hey matt, thanks for the invite.

I'll partake :)

have you got any idea when this will commence though? pre or post furious fists release?

I imagine it will start probably post-Furious Fist release, as we have to allow time for the qualification tournament :). However it depends how quickly that will finish.

Hey Matt, I would be interesting in participating! Let me know.

Thanks!

Yep, wasn't sure if you were still playing but you are on the invitation list so you can participate in the event :).

Hi Matt. Thank you for the invite. :cool:

I will join.

Cheers

No problem, I will just make your name in Bold to confirm your entry, let me know at any point if you don't want to play anymore (not sure why you wouldn't :P but you never know)

Im interested in the qualification tournament if possible. This looks very exciting. When will this be taking place, Id love to be around for it xD

Archived