Trainer Challenge

EEJR

I was trying out a theme deck in the Trainer Challenge, City Championship on ''hard'' difficulty and this happens:

My opponent is Rika and she starts the game by attaching an energy to her Cobalion.

On my turn I attach an energy to my Pumpkaboo and confuses Cobalion.

Every turn after that she basically makes two moves before passing the turn: attach every single energey she gets on 2 of her pokémon (just that is plain stupid) and plays every trainer & supporter card she draws, then she passes the turn without ever switching her pokémon or attacking me -> I win by default because she draws her whole deck before I do.

I have a picture saved on my computer what it looked like but dunno how/if you can put it into a post.

It'd be nice if you actually meet some resistance when you play on the hardest difficulty. As I see it the hardest difficulty would be like playing against an almost flawless opponent (many moves the AI makes doesn't have any logic supporting them)

Yeah. Heck, I could code up a better AI in my sleep XD. At least some basic constraint should be hardcoded like "Attack with your powered up Pokemon". I won one game because the AI attached energy to one Cobalion (8 i think) and kept sending other pokemon to die, allowing me to get 6 prizes...... Sometimes the Active Pokemon doesnt even attack. :P

The AI is ridiculously bad in this game, but I guess it's not that high of a priority. At least not until they get the more important things fixed first.

Archived