Ampharos + frozen city bug

Perdiot

Ampharos and frozen city both stack damage counters on a pokemon when the opponent attaches an energy from the hand.

I used them both at the same time. My opponent attached an energy from the hand to darkrai EX. Frozen city activated, giving it 2 damage counters. Ampharos was out, but it's ability didn't activate. Darkrai EX took only 2 damage. There was no pokemon out to suppress an ability; only reshriam, victini, and darkrai EX. Nothing was played to prevent ampharos' ability.

Or I was mistaken and these don't stack. Sorry.

Ampharos and frozen city both stack damage counters on a pokemon when the opponent attaches an energy from the hand.

I used them both at the same time. My opponent attached an energy from the hand to darkrai EX. Frozen city activated, giving it 2 damage counters. Ampharos was out, but it's ability didn't activate. Darkrai EX took only 2 damage. There was no pokemon out to suppress an ability; only reshriam, victini, and darkrai EX. Nothing was played to prevent ampharos' ability.

Or I was mistaken and these don't stack. Sorry.

Ampharos has to be the active pokémon for its ability to take effect. Perhaps it was that?

It's still possible that Ampharos was active and there was some specific glitch, but I have used Ampharos and Frozen City the last few days and I have not yet seen any bugs, just for some background information.

Hi Perdiot,

We were unable to replicate this. As llDracoll asked, was Ampharos in the Active position? Did the opponent's Pokémon have a Team Plasma Badge attached, or anything else that could have cancelled one of the effects?

Thanks for your report and your patience!

Archived