what is a good stadium card to play with flygon?

mrheckle

Hi, I have made a flygon deck which is based around discarding the opponents energy cards.

I use:

Trapinch vibrava flygon (qbility)

duskull dusclops dusknoir (ability)

voltorb electrode (ability)

Celebi EX (Ability)

Mincinno Cincino (Ability)

all i want to know is what stadium card people would recommend?

Thanks

Of course, if you can't afford Tropical Beach, then another decent Stadium would perhaps be Frozen City to get a little extra damage against non-Plasma decks. However, Flygon really does suffer without the Beach.

• 2 weeks later...

If you're willing to wait until August, there's a couple decent ones coming out with Furious Fists. There's Mountain Ring, which protects both player's benches from damage inflicted by attacks (but not abilities), then there's Training center, which increases the HP of stage 1 and 2 pokemon by 30. Either one would increase the stayability of your Flygon.

perhaps, but Mr Mime can be catchered up and KO'd rather easy, or it can be neutralized by Garbotoxin. It's not as easy to "neutralize" a stadium. You'd either have to have one of your own ready to play, or have a pokemon whose attack can get rid of it and, let's face it, not too many of those are in active use in many decks. Still, there are ways around it, and it's only an alternative option to the Training Center stadium.

It's probably easier to replace a Stadium than it is to either bank on a flip (Catcher) or use up your Supporter (Lysandre).

It's probably easier to replace a Stadium than it is to either bank on a flip (Catcher) or use up your Supporter (Lysandre).

Debatable. Of course you wouldn't need a catcher (or Lysandsre, or Genesect EX) to take Mr. Mime out using damage token placement/movement techniques like Flygon/Dusknoir, then the shield would be gone. On the flip side, the Mountain Ring would protect both benches just as effectively as Mr. Mime normally does yours, and it has the same flaws in its defense as Mr Mime does (save for the catchering and KOing).

In the end, it's down to personal preference, to what you'd rather place your faith in: A pokemon that only protects you until it is KO'd, or a stadium that protects both you and your opponent until it's replaced or eliminated by a special attack.

Guest ArtichokeCat

In the end, it's down to personal preference, to what you'd rather place your faith in: A pokemon that only protects you until it is KO'd, or a stadium that protects both you and your opponent until it's replaced or eliminated by a special attack.

And I'm banking on Mr. Mime- I just saw the Rising Fists scans yesterday- there are a LOT of Pokemon which rely on Stadiums and have those 'special attacks.' Stadium wars will become common, I think.

Make room for virbank and lasers in you flygon build for the time being, The Furious Fists set may have a decent option for you when it comes out but for the time being if Tropical Beach is to expensive you should try to make virbank gym or frozen city a priority since both can help put extra damage on the board so flygon can close in on those KO's quicker.

Archived