Reshiram Pyroar Raichu (RPR)

Guest ArtichokeCat

Guest ArtichokeCat

My goal was to make a low budget Combustion Blast Charizard EX deck that was semi-competitive so I had something to use for the Tournaments and get more packs. And since Reshiram EX is about 4x cheaper, that's what I replaced Charizard EX with.

Pokemon;14

3 Reshiram EX (LT)

2-2 Pyroar line (FF)

2-2 Raichu line (XY)

1 Victini (Victory Star)(LT)

1 Druddigon (FF)

1 Reshiram (LT)

Trainers: 34

4 Professor Sycamore

4 N

2 Colress

2 Skyla

3 Blacksmith

1 Lysandre

4 Ultra Ball

2 Level Ball

2 Switch

1 Escape Rope

1 Startling Megaphone

3 Hypnotoxic Laser

3 Muscle Band

2 Virbank City Gym

Energy: 12

8 Fire Energy

4 Double Colorless Energy (DCE)

I've been working on this deck for some time (Mostly getting the cards). Maybe...3 weeks?

Any suggestions on how to improve this deck would be appreciated. Please leave a comment in the comment section below!

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, I've got a couple suggestions

1. Thats quite a bit of damage boost right there, probably even a bit too much. If you run laser, why need muscle band? I would rather have protection cube attached to my reshiram instead. If you're going the protection cube route, take out the muscle bands and the victini.

2. If you can afford it, get an ACE-SPEC. there's so many options possible with the inclusion of an ace spec, especially Scramble Switch, being able to power up a fresh reshiram out of nowhere. Computer Search, Dowsing machine, even scramble switch are all viable in this deck.

3. If you can, squeeze in 1 Jirachi-EX. That ability is just so good in these decks, being able to search out for that crucial blacksmith or that Game-ending Lysandre. Also, consider Item-based draw. Cards like Roller Skates, bicycle, and even Fiery torch help a lot to draw you extra cards, especially considering there will be many situations when you want draw power AND energy acceleration via Blacksmith at the same time.

Other than that, your list looks pretty solid!

Archived