Game Crash, and Login Issues

Guest ArtichokeCat

Guest ArtichokeCat

So I'm using Deck Manager and i get booted out of the game with a message:

The connection with the server has been lost.

This happens a lot, and usually with deck manager. Anyone know why?

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. I wasn't sure where to post it.

Hi ArtichokeCat!

Has this been an ongoing issue, or is it something that has been happening as of today's update? For now, I can recommend checking your internet connection for stability, closing any unnecessary background programs that could be interfering with your connection, and running an antivirus/malware scan.

Let us know if this helps, and good luck!

Guest ArtichokeCat

This has been an issue for some time, but it seems worse with today's update.

I always close background programs and i think my internet's fine.

I was playing a game and got disconnected, trying to log back on says the server is unavailable.

All ports working as normal, Antivirus unchanged, Connection nominal.

PTCGO homepage says servers are up.

I just updated my game client and now I'm having trouble logging in as well as staying logged in. It will say it's loading something but never load, says could not connect with server, and when I finally do log in I automatically get logged out and it sais the connection has been lost.

I have completed the update successfully, but when the game tries to load it gets stuck with the screen message: "Checking for Refresher" update and then freezes before crashing with the message: "Could not load server."

I am assuming this is a known bug with the new update on many computers, but just in case I thought I better just post it here, as I don't want to submit a ticket if this is already a known problem :).

Past 4 ranked games ive been disconnected saying it's my internet but its been fine all day and ive been online almost 12 hours. without much problems other than me sending offers and being disconnected when its rejected or accepted.

After 24th july game update I am getting frequent disconnection from the server. Mostly after I click on card collection. And after game spin. Sometimes immediately after game loads too. Is server being unstable after update or is it my device problem. It also tells me that game is under maintenance though the server is up.

i cant log in since 2 days .... Need help please !Connection with the Server has been lost .....agian and again the same message please need help thanks

Hello trainers!

I have merged the threads regarding this issue. Please try the following and let us know how it goes:

There are two ports that must be opened for the game to work: 8181 and 39389. 39389 is the "gateway" port that the client connects to momentarily to get information on which connection servers are available and their IP addresses. 8181 is the port that client makes a dedicated connection to in order to play the game. Please make sure these ports are open and try connecting to the game again.

In addition to making sure these ports are open, please make sure you are not making multiple log in attempts at once, either from the same computer due to lag or from multiple computers. This could cause the issue as well.

Thanks for your patience!

Guest ArtichokeCat
Hello trainers!

I have merged the threads regarding this issue. Please try the following and let us know how it goes:

There are two ports that must be opened for the game to work: 8181 and 39389. 39389 is the "gateway" port that the client connects to momentarily to get information on which connection servers are available and their IP addresses. 8181 is the port that client makes a dedicated connection to in order to play the game. Please make sure these ports are open and try connecting to the game again.

Thanks for your patience!

Exactly how would someone check that? Umm...are they TCP or UDP? I think I'll just send a support ticket. :P I look on the internet and I'm like, man this is tricky business. :confused:

Good evening. So after i put in my user name, password, and login. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it kicks me off saying that it is in maintenance. In which i know it is not because i just looked in the PTCGO website like five times to be sure. But when i do get to login successfully. In around a few seconds, it kicks me off because of connection issues. My Internet connection is fine because i ran this game client with this Internet connection before. Did this recent patch hiccuped the game to the point that it's unplayable? I hope this issue can be resolved soon because i have a code to redeem and don't want to see it go to waste.

I can't log in since last update :(

On the refresher window after it was written "patching completed successfully" I clicked on the button PLAY, but every time I click on the button PLAY,

it says "Checking for client update" and then it goes back to the refresher window and starts updating again...

Anyone know why?/

HELLO!!!! i Need help i cnat log in since 3 days!!!! since last update 06/24/2014!!!! Anyone the same Problems and anyone can help me? Its a joke? Nobody can help me ? reinstalling and new installing but it dont work. I NEED HELP? DAY 3 ?????

I suggest that you send a ticket into the support team so they can investigate this matter further. To submit a ticket, simply click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question".

I almost made a thread about this, but i'm glad I saw this before I did.

Ever since the latest update, I am getting booted out of the game frequently. It usually happens after 2-3 matches while i'm in the middle of a match. Before this update, it would only happen sporadically (still annoying though) over the past 20 or so months that i've been playing ptcgo. Each time it gives me the message about checking my internet connection. Now, i've played other online games that you have to download and i've never had any issues with getting booted and my internet connection. I really don't think it is my connection's fault. I always close out of all other programs and do everything I can to limit my connection's interference…yet it still happens. And with this latest update, its happening rather frequently to the point where i'm getting frustrated.

I haven't had issues with disconnects prior to the Update - but ever since the update there have been intermittent crashes of the game. It happens most often when I am trying to do something with trades or my deck manager [although its been happening in games too - and for some reason won't let me rejoin after either]

I think the recent update gave PTCGO a major hiccup. Hoping that they will make a patch to fix this soon

I suggest that you send a ticket into the support team so they can investigate this matter further. To submit a ticket, simply click the link in my signature, sign in, and click "Ask a Question".

Why send a ticket for it when everyone is having this problem? No offense but i don't think sending a ticket is gonna solve the issue o.O

I have experienced similar issue. Every time I try to go in the shop the game I get disconnected, the rest of the functions thus far work fine.

Guest ArtichokeCat

I have actually solved my problem. IDK HOW but for some reason PTCGO wasn't even listed as a PROGRAM on the computer so I uninstalled and re-installed and everything works fine.

I have actually solved my problem. IDK HOW but for some reason PTCGO wasn't even listed as a PROGRAM on the computer so I uninstalled and re-installed and everything works fine.

Wish it is that simple for me. It still crashes and such. Hoping they will fix it soon. Close to a week now

Archived